If someone told you before the draft that we'd do what we did...

Maybe it's just me but the WR pick early spoke volumes about how the team feels about Janis or Abby at that spot in the draft you are looking for a guy who projects as a #2 or #3 receiver.

You can also look at it from the standpoint of, they just invested $40m in Randall Cobb and while they like running him out of the backfield they probably don't want to continue exposing him to the DL and ILBs running downhill if they can help it. Montgomery doesn't have great hands to snag balls downfield, so you can throw it to him closer to the LOS and continue to run those types of plays that would be reserved for Cobb in past years. He also has 25+lbs on Cobb so may be even more effective in that hybrid WR/RB role in time.

Janis was a 7th rounder, which is basically a priority FA. I doubt they counted on him for the future any more than they counted on Miles White or Dorsey, and thus wouldn't alter their draft plans based on his development or lack thereof.

Is there any pick from this draft anyone is genuinely excited about? I usually look at the Top 3 rounds for that kind of player and I didn't see him in this draft. Doesn't mean they won't be good or even great players but the excitement level for this draft is nil for me.

I'm aware TT isn't drafting to excite me or anyone but there was no sizzle from this draft at all.

Last edited:
Is there any pick from this draft anyone is genuinely excited about? I usually look at the Top 3 rounds for that kind of player and I didn't see him in this draft. Doesn't mean they won't be good or even great players but the excitement level for this draft is nil for me.

I'm aware TT isn't drafting to excite me or anyone but there was no sizzle from this draft at all.

I think Rollins was a good pick and in a couple years could be a starting CB.

Back