Giannis staying in Milwaukee?

Report that Giannis has unfollowed all his teammates on instagram
And here we go with “reports”. This is going to be comical for the next year with “speculation” by every damn talking head on TV, radio and the internet.

I take no stock in the twitter aspect of things. I'd imagine he doesn't want to be stuck having all the "choked" crap that's bound to hit their feeds shoved in front of him. He's probably limited his reach to family, and possibly a couple of close friends. He needs time to kick back and assess where he is for himself, and decide what tomorrow should bring. Whatever he does, right now, nobody out there on the internet has a clue as to what's next.

They're just stirring things up with click bait.

Report that Giannis has unfollowed all his teammates on instagram
Maybe these guys who publish these “reports” should do some research that he did the same thing last year to focus on offseason

ESPN Sources: MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo's 3-hour lunch with Bucks co-owner/governor Marc Lasry on Friday covered the season, how Bucks can improve roster, Lasry confirming willingness to spend into luxury tax and agreement they’ll talk again after Giannis returns from a vacation.

Reactions: TW
ESPN Sources: MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo's 3-hour lunch with Bucks co-owner/governor Marc Lasry on Friday covered the season, how Bucks can improve roster, Lasry confirming willingness to spend into luxury tax and agreement they’ll talk again after Giannis returns from a vacation.
yawn, lot about nothing...basically a "state of the union" meeting

I figured this might be the case. Lasry knows that to win it all, he needs to make more talent available to the Bucks. It's possible a couple of decent hired guns will be willing to take less pay to get their rings. I have a hunch there will be more guys out there in that position than people would imagine.

I hate the thought of it, but we do need to look to the season coming up, not so much the future. You win these things one year at a time. Maybe it is time to find a better option then Bledsoe. As much as I like Hill and Korver, are there better back ups out there? How about an upgrade on Matthews? Could three upgrades in these three turn the Bucks into a power house? Maybe add an aircraft carrier that's better to back Lopez?

Lots of things on my wish list.

I figured this might be the case. Lasry knows that to win it all, he needs to make more talent available to the Bucks. It's possible a couple of decent hired guns will be willing to take less pay to get their rings. I have a hunch there will be more guys out there in that position than people would imagine.

I hate the thought of it, but we do need to look to the season coming up, not so much the future. You win these things one year at a time. Maybe it is time to find a better option then Bledsoe. As much as I like Hill and Korver, are there better back ups out there? How about an upgrade on Matthews? Could three upgrades in these three turn the Bucks into a power house? Maybe add an aircraft carrier that's better to back Lopez?

Lots of things on my wish list.

Some thoughts

• Only way I get another "big" is if he can step out and shoot, dont want anymore bodies in the paint when Giannis is on the floor
  • Depends what you want you point to do. If you want a pick and roll guy who can score its not Bled. If you want a guy who gets in the paint and distributes and plays D yeah he's your guy. Not an easy answer there.
  • Matthews I would try and upgrade. Yes he is an above average defender but so inconsistent on offense. Big Ragu actually makes sense there...maybe.
  • Hill I keep, solid point who can shoot, vet influence also
  • Korver, love what he brings but father time is getting there, limited on defense, one trick pony
Wish List:
Unrealistic
  • DeRozan
  • Hardaway JR
Possible
  • Clarkson
  • Caldwell - Pope
  • Baynes

Another big would be to spell Lopez, and be a safety net if he gets hurt. I'd like keeping Hill, Korver, and Matthews. Question is, how much would it cost if you kept them along with Connaughton and DiVincenzo? That would be 9 deep. If you can keep that group, and add in some help beyond that, you'd have the people you need. But, we all know that's not going to happen.

Yes. I would like to see a pick and roll point to add to the mix. Also like to see that back up for Lopez. Someone who can step in for Middleton and light it up, in short spurts, and over a few games while Middleton recovers, if injured. Lots of wants, but doubt we're going to get too much of it. Question is, who are we going to lose for openers.

Another big would be to spell Lopez, and be a safety net if he gets hurt. I'd like keeping Hill, Korver, and Matthews. Question is, how much would it cost if you kept them along with Connaughton and DiVincenzo? That would be 9 deep. If you can keep that group, and add in some help beyond that, you'd have the people you need. But, we all know that's not going to happen.

Yes. I would like to see a pick and roll point to add to the mix. Also like to see that back up for Lopez. Someone who can step in for Middleton and light it up, in short spurts, and over a few games while Middleton recovers, if injured. Lots of wants, but doubt we're going to get too much of it. Question is, who are we going to lose for openers.
As long as the big is a pick and pop 3 guy fine, I don’t want low post backup for any extended minutes. I just am not a fan of Matthews, now if DiVincenzo can make the leap that’s fine. As to point guard your not keeping both Bled and pick and roll point, one or the other. DeRozan would be a luxury. How that piece would fit is the challenge. You give up Bled for him you have to find a PG. He’s one guy I really think hard about moving Middleton for. Personally I try and figure out 2 things. What you want at PG and find an athletic wing with range

I dunno. Bledsoe and a pick and roll point gives you some options, changing up the offense. Not looking for someone to plug up the middle. Looking for someone who can work the boards, play defense, and can handle garbage clean up for points in the middle. We need someone who can take a few fouls while putting the stopper on some of these guys who like to jamb it on every play. It would be like finding someone who could play against Giannis, and keep him honest coming into the paint, because it's going to be a collision of two trucks.

You aren't too high on Middleton? Reason? Consistency issues? Physicality? Just curious.

Personally, I have wondered whether he's worth the contract he got, but he has given the Bucks some solid help when Giannis isn't able to go.

I really want to see who actually ends up available out there, and what price they'll have to pay.

Back