From the Blog ....To Favre Or Not Favre ? This Is The Question ? !

I went from mad as hell to really don't care on Favre. I completely get all the things he has done for GB. Legit However I won't be going out of my way to see any of this. I think the franchise is doing the right thing and Favre can be useful as a recruiting tool like it or not.

Count me in the let's get it over with and move on crowd I guess.

The thing that always bothered me was how he tried to get everyone to leave GB and sign with their arch rival in Minnesota. Wasn't he on the phone with Greg Jennings when Jennings arrived in Minny? I got to watch him live a few times and he was fun to watch. But his antics in 'Retirement Gate' left a bad taste. I guess he deserves to be in the HOF, no question. Personally, I'd be really tempted to give his number to a punter. But that's just me. ;)

I'm surprised you think Aaron wonders why they'd "subject" him to this. Do you think Aaron will call off his own HOF ceremonies years from now so the next Packer QB won't be subject to this?

This won't matter squat to Aaron. He's a mature man in control of his emotions, not some 18 year old girl feeling insecure because her boyfirend's ex is in the same English class this semester. They'll have a HOF ceremony in the off-season, and then a halftime ceremony at a game in Lambeau where Aaron will be in the locker room, and then we likely won't see Brett again for years. Aaron will be the QB for another 5-10 years after this. It's not like the fans will stop cheering Aaron or the team just because of a couple of Brett sightings.

The relationship between Brett and Aaron will be nothing like the relationship between Aaron and his successor. Have you forgotten how Favre treated Aaron back then? He's paid to play Qb... that whole shtick? Brett was quite childish regarding Aaron's arrival. Aaron won't be the same way toward Hundley or whomever his successor is so why would Aaron's successor be bothered by Aaron's ceremony? They're two totally different scenarios. To celebrate the guy who was a total jerk to you and the franchise during his time, is wrong, imo. Aaron, I'm sure, will say all the right things and be okay with it but I really wonder deep down how he feels about seeing that jag off honored while he's the QB of the Packers?

I was one who was off the Favre bandwagon back in 2001. I worked with an award winning journalist back then and he showed me some communications from a former Packers player regarding a story he wanted to do on Brett. They got into the "off the record" stuff. The journalist knew I was a huge Favre/Packers fan and showed it to me. My perception of him was changed forever. I was completely against that guy being our QB after the stuff I'd read. The day he was traded was a day of celebration for me... the guy was fraudulent as it gets.

I'm a big believer in forgiveness but I have seen nothing from him that makes me believe he's sorry for who he's been especially pertaining to his situation as the QB of the Packers.

Personally, I'd rather see Packers/Raiders or Browns game than be present at his ceremony.

No question he did incredible things for this organization on the field and created an aura that Rodgers can't even match even though I find Aaron the better QB. Sports for me are about more than that, though, so I remain "childish" or "petty" and couldn't care less about his ceremony. I think it's something that shouldn't be done, or if it was, long after the current regime (TT/MM/12) are gone. I believe it's still "too soon" for this. If I'm Aaron Rodgers, I gotta wonder why they'd subject me to this?

He's polarizing for sure. I think he should be booed mercilessly during his ceremony. I, for one, wouldn't be applauding him.
I was one who was off the Favre bandwagon back in 2001. I worked with an award winning journalist back then and he showed me some communications from a former Packers player regarding a story he wanted to do on Brett. They got into the "off the record" stuff. The journalist knew I was a huge Favre/Packers fan and showed it to me. My perception of him was changed forever. I was completely against that guy being our QB after the stuff I'd read. The day he was traded was a day of celebration for me... the guy was fraudulent as it gets.

I'm a big believer in forgiveness but I have seen nothing from him that makes me believe he's sorry for who he's been especially pertaining to his situation as the QB of the Packers.

Personally, I'd rather see Packers/Raiders or Browns game than be present at his ceremony.

No question he did incredible things for this organization on the field and created an aura that Rodgers can't even match even though I find Aaron the better QB. Sports for me are about more than that, though, so I remain "childish" or "petty" and couldn't care less about his ceremony. I think it's something that shouldn't be done, or if it was, long after the current regime (TT/MM/12) are gone. I believe it's still "too soon" for this. If I'm Aaron Rodgers, I gotta wonder why they'd subject me to this?

He's polarizing for sure. I think he should be booed mercilessly during his ceremony. I, for one, wouldn't be applauding him.

Off the record comments by players amuse me as much as the quotes from" league sources ". Those same players who dissed Favre I am sure we're as happy to cash there playoff shares or rings because of Favre. I have had the opportunity to be around players and some agents because of my job. I have seen players who appear as great teammates and great family men in public are in reality the opposite. Jealousy and ego are a way of life in any pro locker room. 52 guys will never all get along as one happy family. Was Favre a choir boy ? Hell no not even close. But I respect the hell out of him as a football player and athlete what he did for Green Bay

Seriously. In reading some of these posts I will repeat smithing I said way back on the old old old board .....some fans did and still do take this thing way too personal.

Seriously. In reading some of these posts I will repeat smithing I said way back on the old old old board .....some fans did and still do take this thing way too personal.
that's because they have no other life.

Off the record comments by players amuse me as much as the quotes from" league sources ". Those same players who dissed Favre I am sure we're as happy to cash there playoff shares or rings because of Favre. I have had the opportunity to be around players and some agents because of my job. I have seen players who appear as great teammates and great family men in public are in reality the opposite. Jealousy and ego are a way of life in any pro locker room. 52 guys will never all get along as one happy family. Was Favre a choir boy ? Hell no not even close. But I respect the hell out of him as a football player and athlete what he did for Green Bay

I don't quite understand the logic above? What does the player on the Packers who cashed a playoff check have to do with their personal feelings of what kind of guy he was? I'm sure most of us played sports... some guys were great players who were dbags when they weren't. Were you close with them because they were good on the field? I doubt it. That would be sick...to be tight with someone just because they excelled on a football field. Yet, you loved that guy for what he did on the field for your team and when it was over you went your way and he went his because, again, he was a dbag.

Brett wasn't a good guy due to several accounts and those we actually witnessed ourselves over the years. You may not care about character at all and that's fine. To judge a fan as taking it way too personal because they think character counts for something is an odd charge to levy. I would've preferred Brett was a good guy. He wasn't. In what I came to learn/believe he was much worse than just not a good guy he was quite the bad guy. I have no respect for anyone who is that way whether they star at NFL football or sleep every night in a gutter. I think the fact that some poo poo who Brett was because he was good at football are....well, I better not say it.

I don't quite understand the logic above? What does the player on the Packers who cashed a playoff check have to do with their personal feelings of what kind of guy he was? I'm sure most of us played sports... some guys were great players who were dbags when they weren't. Were you close with them because they were good on the field? I doubt it. That would be sick...to be tight with someone just because they excelled on a football field. Yet, you loved that guy for what he did on the field for your team and when it was over you went your way and he went his because, again, he was a dbag.

Brett wasn't a good guy due to several accounts and those we actually witnessed ourselves over the years. You may not care about character at all and that's fine. To judge a fan as taking it way too personal because they think character counts for something is an odd charge to levy. I would've preferred Brett was a good guy. He wasn't. In what I came to learn/believe he was much worse than just not a good guy he was quite the bad guy. I have no respect for anyone who is that way whether they star at NFL football or sleep every night in a gutter. I think the fact that some poo poo who Brett was because he was good at football are....well, I better not say it.
you are basing your opinion of the man on "several accounts" made by anonymous and/or off-the-record players, some of whom may have an axe to grind with brett and others who may or may not just want to seem more important than they are to the person they made the comments to. you have not allowed any possibility that these "several accounts" may be distorted or just plain fabrications. since you have not been specific, i can only imagine which things you are referring to when you say "we actually witnessed ourselves". and i truly have to question if you actually did witness anything if it came to you via a media outlet that stands to profit by creating controversy.

i'll just leave it with this. you see a man who is "quite the bad guy". I see a man who was incredibly gifted, who played at an extremely high level for many years, who gave everything he had to the packers organization - playing through injuries that would have sidelined 99% of the quarterbacks in the nfl, doing everything he could to try to win games. I see a man who earned a great deal of respect throughout the league and deserves to be enshrined in the hall of fame. I see a man who to this day runs a charitable organization that does good deeds. I see a man who - despite the fact that he made millions of dollars playing a game - still lives a simple lifestyle in a quite unglamorous part of the world. he doesn't flash his bling all over the place. he doesn't mink-lined toilet with jewel encrusted toilet paper holder. he doesn't kill people or have them killed. he doesn't raise dogs to kill each other for amusement. there are plenty of sports figures to hate on who deserve our anger and spite. I don't see brett favre as one of them.

Smile logic actually. Not every player likes every guy in the locker room. Guess you missed the part where ego and jealousy come into play. Some of the guys who dissed Brett may never have sniffed the playoffs without him at QB. Who were thes players ? I get favre was no choir boy but nobody's perfect. Character counts ? Yes but I can name a Green Bay All star team of guys who were no choir boys. I get you hate the guy that's your right. But to base your opinion of him on a few players is a little bit short sighted

I think the fact that some poo poo who Brett was because he was good at football are....well, I better not say it.

You can say it.

You rather sound like a guy who was around on the last board for a while. Left Field or Left Turn or something. Just liked to argue.

Brett IS being honored because he was 'good at football'. Not because he was a priest.

His personal life is his own and that's that.

IMHO

sh))

Back