Dougherty: Packers no longer can neglect backup QB position

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Packers need a backup who gives them a chance to win if Aaron Rodgers has to miss a couple of weeks or more because of an injury.

home

Continue reading...

I agree. Draft a QB or get a competent veteran. Also, let's see what Boyle can do. He has some abilities.

I agree. Draft a QB or get a competent veteran. Also, let's see what Boyle can do. He has some abilities.
Boyle nor Kizer are answer neither are backup quality QBs and IMO both could be gone off this roster. IMO this year is not the year to get a QB in draft 2020 or 2021 draft one. Though I would not against signing a vet do improve the backup spot for the next 1-2 years until you draft a new QB to be heir apparnt.

Boyle nor Kizer are answer neither are backup quality QBs and IMO both could be gone off this roster. IMO this year is not the year to get a QB in draft 2020 or 2021 draft one. Though I would not against signing a vet do improve the backup spot for the next 1-2 years until you draft a new QB to be heir apparnt.

Well it depends what you are looking for. If you want an potential elite guy in 2020 you better pick top 10. If you want a backup with upside to develop there are some guys in round 3 or 4 that makes sense

I agree with drafting, Mark and signing a vet but I think we need to give Boyle another year to see what he has.

I agree with drafting, Mark and signing a vet but I think we need to give Boyle another year to see what he has.
Bah Boyle is nothing special guy played against scrubs in pre-season. Every team fans seem to love their scrub UDFA QB and think he can be special.

This year QB class is not the best, I believe that Haskins is the Best this year has to offer. And I would have to think long and hard about taking him if he was available at our 12th pick. That said I am not sure I am totaling aware of what ML is going to ask of his QBs, so I am not sure where he want to go with obtaining depth at that position. But I do know that we have Kizer, at a reasonable price for this up coming season. Next seasons draft class should be loaded with very Good QBs. Sounds like keep what you got, and make plans to grab one next year. We are still not deep enough in multiple positions to make a SB run next year. Really would rather spend the draft capital on the Defense this off season, seeing that is what this class is offering.

From what I see I might spend a 5 round pick on Jarrett Stidham, strong arm can make the NFL throws, value matches talent.

Back