Dougherty: Packers' collapse jeopardizes jobs

I've read the same CD. But whereas you've heard whispers over the years about AR being an ass (now major media stories), or read stories about players tuning out Mike Daniels' histrionics, I've yet to read anything about players revolting against MM. Really not since he and Woodson had that famous falling out back in 2006.

MM has a flawed and limited roster, and his system is such that he does not make the best of what he has. In order for the team to be successful either his roster needs to be much better, or he needs to be replaced with someone who can do more with less. It's interesting to me that, from the personal standpoint, you don't hear the negative about him the way you do with some of the big names on the roster.
You don't hear it because they keep it close to the vest.. guys that start getting vocal go bye bye.

The articles i've read span the spectrum on that question. However, some of the articles have a similar theme in that MM is doing the best he can with a roster that just isn't that talented. Now a lot of that comes from other coaches, so maybe that's just the brotherhood sticking up for one of their own. But TT gets a lot o blame too. You can't make butter with a toothpick seems to be the theme.

I wish I had bookmarked it, and maybe someone knows the article, but that 10 year window is also a theme. Seifert talked about it in that article.

It's a combo of everything. But if the HC can't keep the locker room together then it's all over.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...ry-working-against-packers-mccarthy/94027698/

I've been trying to turn this into a thread for a few days and trying to get it do e on the phone is just infuriating.

Just noticed that the awesome Indy Colts have stonewalled the Titans, 21-0 at the 2 minute mark of the first half. Makes me feel so much better about last week. FP(

Just noticed that the awesome Indy Colts have stonewalled the Titans, 21-0 at the 2 minute mark of the first half. Makes me feel so much better about last week. FP(
Just proves that the teams that are clobbering us aren't that hot after all. The Packer defense was absolutely pitiful last week versus Tennessee!

It's in the smoke is fire is.....leaks coming out in locker room divided and players quitting and there sports ppl mentioning MM a lot and that his time might be done and message stale....it's coming out and has been. Have to read between lines and like me follow local media mailing on radio

It's in the smoke is fire is.....leaks coming out in locker room divided and players quitting and there sports ppl mentioning MM a lot and that his time might be done and message stale....it's coming out and has been. Have to read between lines and like me follow local media mailing on radio

There's stuff leaking out. But ultimately does TT pay attention? Or even realize it? Because if he has his nose buried in the next draft I'm not sure any of that stuff is a priority for him.

I disagree with this....look already was done when they cut Sitton and imo that has back fired and team more divided then ever before.....

We are lacking talent which is on TT. Play calling and player not performing in on MM and staff...double whammy. Offense did enough that should have won the game but Defense sucked!

I disagree with this....look already was done when they cut Sitton and imo that has back fired and team more divided then ever before.....

We are lacking talent which is on TT. Play calling and player not performing in on MM and staff...double whammy. Offense did enough that should have won the game but Defense sucked!
Sitton wasn't cut because he wasn't performing. He was cut for MMs ego. If no one is responsible and status quo is maintained, then nothing changes when nothing changes.

I'm sorry, but how does a team/roster get picked to be a superbowl contender (by national press and vegas) suddenly become TT fault?
I am NOT saying he is blameless, but this 'hindsight' condemnation is like a snowball heading downhill. His drafting record is comparable to his peers. He is a well respected draft scout in the NFL circles. He may not be the greatest GM because he doesn't utilize all facets of roster building, but c'mon folks. Not all, but MOST football people believed the Pack would contend this year. I just don't want TT to draft anymore DL, he does suck at that. IMO.

Back