Chmura Speaks Out aka What The Hell Is Really Going on

The only problem I have with this statement is that you are not happy with 10-6 and losing the division but if they somehow put a 4 game winning streak together now and win it all it will be a successful season. I don't get that logic.

To me if they somehow win the SB, I'll be happy but I wont feel like the Packers are the best team. I will feel like they got lucky.

Sometimes the best team doesn't win it all. You need a little luck and the ball to bounce your way. I don't know if we were the best team in 2010. NE was until they lost to the Gmen in 2007 and we might have been in 2011 until we ran into a hot NY team too. Heck, last year we could have been if not for a series of gaffs at the end of the NFCC game in Seattle last year. If you get on a roll in a one game elimination tournament like the NFL playoffs anything can happen.

I guess for me, I don't care about "best" team. That doesn't mean anything. Winning conference championships and going to Super Bowls is the measuring stick. If that means you got "lucky", so be it. The thing is, over time, lucky doesn't win out especially in a situation like this where you have to beat multiple good teams just to get there.

The Packers were not the luckiest team in 2010, they weren't the best team, but they were the hottest at the end. If that wins us another Super Bowl then hey "All Hail Ted and Mike". If not, then that weighs into my feelings about them as well. Win or not, I will continue to be critical of the specific things I don't like.

The only problem I have with this statement is that you are not happy with 10-6 and losing the division but if they somehow put a 4 game winning streak together now and win it all it will be a successful season. I don't get that logic.

To me if they somehow win the SB, I'll be happy but I wont feel like the Packers are the best team. I will feel like they got lucky.

Fair enough. What you say it pretty much true, the one caveat being that I'm not happy with 10-6 and losing the division specifically because I believe it doesn't portend well for the playoff run. If that isn't logical, so be it.

As for your second point, I wouldn't even consider whether they were best team, or just lucky. Either road to the Lombardi is fine with me.

We've all got different reasons we follow the team and different ways they make us happy/proud.

We've all got different reasons we follow the team and different ways they make us happy/proud.

The 'no-defense' period from 2011-2013/14 probably helped contribute to my hair loss. What's most dismaying to me is that this team is sputtering on offense, which has been the hallmark of this franchise since forever, and they're wasting the best the defense has played since 2010. And the thing about the sputtering on offense is that, from my experience playing and coaching, there are things that can be fixed that just aren't.

But i'll hang my hat on the defense this year. They're a little over their skis at times, but the cover it very well. This, in my opinion, is the best job Capers has done since he got here.

Having said that, watch them legitimately give up 35+ to the AZ offense.
sh))

watch them legitimately give up 35+ to the AZ offense.

They didn't legitimately give up 35 last time. The offense gave up 14 on fumble returns for TDs and turned it over once on the 28 yard line that led to another TD. If GB doesn't turn the ball over and the offense can move the ball I can see the d being able to hold Arizona to between 17 and 24 points. Question is can the packers score enough to win against that fast Arizona D?

Fair enough. What you say it pretty much true, the one caveat being that I'm not happy with 10-6 and losing the division specifically because I believe it doesn't portend well for the playoff run. If that isn't logical, so be it.

As for your second point, I wouldn't even consider whether they were best team, or just lucky. Either road to the Lombardi is fine with me.

First off, I meant no disrespect and the more we go back and forth the more I understand where you are coming from. I don't think we are really that far off on what we want out of the team. I want championships too. I want the team to be the best they can be and show improvement week to week. I want the team to acquire the best talent. I really think our only difference is how we grade the team if they don't win the Championship. You would fail them every time and I would grade on a curve. ;)

They didn't legitimately give up 35 last time. The offense gave up 14 on fumble returns for TDs and turned it over once on the 28 yard line that led to another TD. If GB doesn't turn the ball over and the offense can move the ball I can see the d being able to hold Arizona to between 17 and 24 points. Question is can the packers score enough to win against that fast Arizona D?

That was my point. Despite the score being 38-8, the offense did worse than zilch in actually giving up 14 points and terrible field position. The rest of my point was that I gave a compliment to Capers, out loud and in public. So of course in response for my public adoration, they'll just absolutely collapse into a quivering pile of limbs flailing around as AZ racks up the yards and points.

It sounds rather half empty :) I know, but it's just how things go. It's like Joe Schobert willing the Badgers to victory only to have Stave fall on his butt.

Back