Chmura Speaks Out aka What The Hell Is Really Going on

oomer Esiason alluded to a 'big surprise' if GB doesn't win this week. Wonder how plugged in he is to this situation?

He's probably just referencing a tweet by Florio that he put out yesterday? Tuesday? Whenever it was, Wilde wasn't sure if it was Florio speculating on his own, or if it was someone else in the NFL having given him the idea.

The only way that's coming out of GB is if someone deep in the org is going really back channel on this. tc(

one thing fans tend to forget is just how bad mike McCarthy's offense was at his last coaching gig before becoming the packers head coach. for a few years now, folks have called him an offensive genius. but really, how much of that was just aaron rodgers' ability?

Put it this way, there is no way we win a SB in 2011 if it was not for AR. He was beyond ridiculous in the playoffs. That should tell all of us something about MM and TT.

I'm just stoked someone finally used the "I was wondering that too" button above.

Put it this way, there is no way we win a SB in 2011 if it was not for AR. He was beyond ridiculous in the playoffs. That should tell all of us something about MM and TT.
How many Super Bowls does BB win without Brady?

How many Super Bowls does BB win without Brady?

At least 2... hard to say. The stellar Brady offenses didn't win any super bowls. The good defensive teams won 3, with Brady doing just enough to get into field goal range at the end.

The question really is the "who" in Who if not Brady/Rodgers. As with anything else, from 'would Vince have been able to coach now?' to anything we're discussing today, it's impossible to know. From a serious debate standpoint, however, pick any QB you know, plug him in for Tom or Aaron, and what would the results have been?

Oh, and I'd venture to say that, even though Brady is certainly a major, major factor in the Patriot wins, the point ought to be made that, given what he had to work with, Belicheck made the most of it.

Question in my mind is really how many more SB's does GB have with a Arod and a different coach?

15-1 season and last year conservative coaching kept them out of the SB.. Might have won both of those too....

i'm gonna defend Adams a bit here. The kid is young and has effectively had no position coach. That's a recipe for disaster. Most kids don't have what it takes to teach themselves. I just think Adams is lost, and it's affected his mental state/confidence. And then you have your HC complaining it's all about execution, but you really don't have anyone to go to for help.

This is the main reason why our offense is struggling IMO. How else can you explain the regression of our WRs and Rodgers? I brought this up many weeks ago and you all told me I was making excuses. Van Pelt is a decent coach. When he was only in charge of the QBs Rodgers was MVP. But I don't think any coach today can take on more than one position. Because of this major gaff by McCarthy it is no coincidence our passing game became dreadful as the season wore on.

I don't think he's believed in what MM is doing for years. I've felt for a long time that it was pretty obvious. The body language, the facial expressions on the sidelines, even yelling at him during games... McCarthy couldn't lead a class of kindergartners to the bathroom, and Rodgers knows it.

Years?? I don't recall Aaron behaving like this until this season. I attribute it to frustration and disappointment and nothing more.

Back