Chmura Speaks Out aka What The Hell Is Really Going on

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
On his ESPN Milwaukee show :

McCarthy-Rodgers strange relationship stems from #12 thinking he is way smarter than McCarthy - Chmura #Packers

I don't like the way Rodgers is carrying himself right now. I think #Packers have a sense of entitlement - Chmura

He has a point ...My theory below

Some validity in what he says. But hang with me because I believe it's deeper than fear etc. This all started back after the NFC title loss..it crushed this team spiritually.Right after that MM brother dies a tragic early death.
The man hasn't been emotionally vested since then. Grows a beard just like his brother and wears it through camp... says f*** it and hands over play calling and game planning to Bennett and Clements. Just a bunch of out of character stuff. With those moves he takes his WR and QB and coach's them together .... those position groups need separate coaching.
So now your QB who like all QB is the hot shot in the room with his WR. His OC/Asst HC Clements are buddies and Aaron gets whatever game plan he wants. Bad juju
Looks great through 6 games..off week they all relax and BOOM ! Denver with a stud defense make's Mr Rodgers and his merry men look like the Green bay park and rec runner up team. Teams study that tape and the Chargers tape and have things figured out.
Enter MM whom I believe got some heat from above. ( The dude doesn't get a revelation sipping his coffee "hell I better demote my OC and take over play calling") at any rate he now has to undo ALL that fast talking about Clements and company being more than ready..it's time blah blah. All BS folks
This has lasting effects regardless of what they poop out the PR machine. Would work as hard for a boss who cut your knees out from under you ? (Clements and Bennett) Would you trust a coach you play for that has said one thing and done another time after time?
EXAMPLE : ( Goes out in public on Myles White says "he earned a shot at this team" Best camp yet" But goes out and gets Jones and cuts White ? Players remember that type of thing)

So you have a coach who wasn't and still may not be emotionally vested. A few coach's who say F*** it I got screwed I am going through the motions. A QB who's buddy isn't calling the shots anymore and is getting pounded week in and out and I suspect some players that never really respected the aforementioned coach from day 1.
So I think Chumra ( Butler last night) as former players sniff that things in that locker room stink. I concur with my theory above.

Last edited:
Good post and agree. Let me add Guion and Jolly issues. The Rob Davis article was telling to me. The front office and team is wound tight. It's like the KGB. And guessing some double standards.

The lacy benching was more than curfew imo. More like last straw. Adams on field demeanor is troubling. But he gets a pass. OL questioning things in public. Dix on sidelines at Carolina. Mathews very open on his dislike moving inside and the pulling himself out last year in Seattle. Again double standards?

The mcginn piece told a lot imo. A very tight wound team and staff. Not playing loose. Also not a tight group personality wise. Bad Locker room make up.

Well if the above is true.. Change may be very soon..

Regardless of who you think is right.. i.e. Arod thinking he's smarter than MM (which to some degree i don't disagree with), other star players openly questioning, added to the MM checking out in a sense and under cutting his subordinates, lack of consistency in regards to approach to players, no accountability etc...

And as for Arod, they created this monster. Everything for years was always "Arod will save us" "As long as Arod is healthy we got this" yadda yadda yadda.. Well now he believes he's god, and the other players don't believe they can do it on their own if he isn't playing well (my complete guess there). And the attitude comes along with it..

What all this points to is a loss of respect for the HC, and a loss of control by said HC, especially by a star player or two. If that's the case, and those who have experience in management get this (even those who don't) you have 2 choices unless you want to kill your organization.

1) you make the problem/employee come to heal, or you get rid of them.

or

2) you get rid of the manager that has lost the respect and control of his employees.

This stuff usually comes to the fore very quickly, but has usually been simmering for awhile before it explodes.

This off season is going to be very very very interesting.. There is no united message coming from the locker room, this team is not united. Eventually this problem goes up the chain to upper management (TT).. And when middle management (MM) loses control, if upper management wants to keep it's job then middle management either puts the foot down or gets the boot..

Last edited:
Isn't one of MM's big things his "Pittsburgh tough" attitude?

Have we ever seen that from him? Ever?

It's hard to respect a boss who doesn't demand respect.

The one thing (well, two things) that I feel he's ever had going for him were his ability to scheme and implement a pass game that effectively (sometimes overwhelmingly so) utilize what was usually (up til this year) a talented and 4-5 man deep WR corps; and to get Brett Favre to buy into that for a little while at least.

What peeves me the most is that we've probably got our best defense since '10, and we're squandering it with an offense my rec league flag football team could stop if we really wanted to.

I caught Chmura on with Homer and Gabe today, then listened to most of Antonio Freeman's show (In the Huddle w/ Sam Barrington and TJ Lang was done in the studio and not in usual location due to weather and the team probably not willing to have Lang in front of a hot Mike for an hour) and these guys are just absolutely fired up about the team.

Chmura called them soft, Free was not happy with the coaching, and they're both right. The O-line isn't healthy, and its clearly affecting their performance, which in turn hinders ARod (who still has a good share of his own issues) and the running game, but that doesn't matter much because Lacy looks like garbage sometimes and Starks can't hold on to the ball. Which is moot b/c the wide receivers can't hold on to the ball either, and that's assuming they get open.

I'm going to go back and look at the first 6 games and see what we were doing right, or if these issues were there even then, and we were just finding ways to win those games.

I'm going to go back and look at the first 6 games and see what we were doing right, or if these issues were there even then, and we were just finding ways to win those games.

It was the beginning of the season and we played a lot of teams who were playing really badly. Some of those teams (SEA, KC) have come together are getting stronger while GB is losing it.

Now I want to be clear, I believe MM could still get back control of this team this off season, and re focus it. But he is gonna have to be a complete a$$ to everyone to do it. Like smack some heads together and let it be known that it's his way or the highway. Some entitled players are not gonna like it. Do I believe he has it in him? Well lets not go there right now.. But the possibility is there.

It was the beginning of the season and we played a lot of teams who were playing really badly. Some of those teams (SEA, KC) have come together are getting stronger while GB is losing it.

Now I want to be clear, I believe MM could still get back control of this team this off season, and re focus it. But he is gonna have to be a complete a$$ to everyone to do it. Like smack some heads together and let it be known that it's his way or the highway. Some entitled players are not gonna like it. Do I believe he has it in him? Well lets not go there right now.. But the possibility is there.

While I agree with what you say, I don't think that he will change. I'm not sure that is his MO. He's always been about the program, the scheme, the routine. In order to change those routines or those ways of handling the team he will most likely believe that he is admitting wrongdoing.

Do I believe he has it in him? Well lets not go there right now.. But the possibility is there.

Anybody on this board believe that Adams would still be seeing the field for Belicheck? Or that he'd tolerate Lacy being as streaky as he is? I certainly don't like the guy or the team, but its very clearly known where the throne in that kingdom is, and whose butt resides therein, so to speak.

Last night:

Rodgers: We’ve got to find a way to continue to get guys open schematically and with motions and formations and kind of get back to the drawing board this week.

MM: We have to quit worrying about plays and worry about execution.

4738c945d572b961cb74d3b8e0cd1e9d.jpg

Back