CC's Poll of the Week Rankings

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Waaaaay late to the party this week. A big conference and some work commitments prevented me from giving this the time I normally spend on the project, so just a quick poll heading into week 5. Last week's is ---> Right Here

The Top Sixteen
  1. Alabama--Doubled up a ranked A&M team at home, they'll keep the top spot. (Last: 1)
  2. Clemson--There were times where GTech might have made it interesting. Clemson showed their athleticism by not letting the Yellow Jackets make it close. (last: 2)
  3. Ohio State--I don't think Tulane had any business scoring 6 points, but that's just me. (last: 3)
  4. LSU--not getting the jump for style (three TDs allowed to LA Tech?), but mostly because it allows me to give Oklahoma a bunch of crap. (last: 5)
  5. Stanford--While certainly not the Ducks of old, Oregon has been on my bubble and was a ranked opponent whom Stanford made a road trip to visit, spotted a 24-7 lead at halftime, tied it up and won it in overtime. A nice win, and one that will likely be huge come season's end. (last: 7)
  6. Georgia--Did not double up a Mizzou team on the road. They'll keep the 6 spot. (last: 6)
  7. Oklahoma--the Sooner hate our military and our veterans. So did the refs. Army had a shot to get to overtime and there were some...questionable...calls there. (last: 4)
  8. Notre Dame--the offense finally came to life. (last: 8)
  9. Auburn--man does Arkansas suck. Bielema made certain to run them into the ground before bolting. (last: 9)
  10. West Virginia--looks like another long season for Kansas State, they didn't even put up a fight in this one. The Mountaineers used their weekend off well. Trips to Lubbock and Aimes in the next few weeks with Kansas in between, they could get to the heart of their conference schedule in November undefeated. (last: 12)
  11. Penn State--I'd normally give them grief for letting Illinois score 3 tds, but with the amount of times PSU had to kick off to them, it's understandable that they'd manage a drive or three. Big game in the B1G East as the Nittany Lions travel to the Shoe (last: 15)
  12. Michigan--Since dropping their opener to Notre Dame, they've done nothing but put up ooddles of points. I am not sure if they're a better team than Wisconsin right now, but it's close. (last: bubble)
  13. UCF--Florida Atlantic is a good team, and I think they'll win their conference. This is a win that many will overlook. (last: 14)
  14. Wisconsin--that's a heck of a game to have the week after dropping one to BYU. When the Badgers couldn't get movement up front, they just brought in the next two guys on the OL depth chart and went TE-OL-OL-OL-OL-OL-OL-OL---------WR across the front. Then Hornibrook has a drive to win the game where the Orange Bowl QB showed up. I am willing to concede that the heat may have been a factor two weekends ago (it's 45 in Madison right now, and it wasn't above 70 in the 10 days before that game), but Wisconsin heads into their bye week in good shape. (last: 16)
  15. Washington--The Huskies get back in for taking down AzSt and their only loss being to #9 Auburn. They host BYU this evening and I will be watching this game (if possible) to see how the Cougs handle things. (last: bubble)
  16. Ummm...Duke--whew, that was a close one. I thought I'd have to put Miami or Kentucky here for a second. But the Blue Devils have the better schedule so far, and are undefeated in it. (last: NR)
Dropped out: Virginia Tech (that's a bad bad loss), Miss State (got smoked by Kentucky), Ok State (that defense didn't show up).
On the Bubble: Kentucky, Miami, South Florida
By for now: Oregon
By forever: Kansas

Things I Noticed
Maryland put an end to this stupid "guuuhh Minnesota is undefeated" talk.
Congrats to Coach Leipold and the Buffs on getting a win over a B1G team! It was Rutgers, but still, nice work!
The team that wins Conference USA is going to be a decent team in my playoff

The Pit of Despair
Boston College gets ranked for the first time in forever (though I'm not sure why) just to get blown out by Purdue
Nebraska
may be spending a lot of time here. They're 0-3 for the first time since the 1940s
UCLA probably just lost their last winnable game of the season. They could go 0-12.

Waaaaay late to the party this week. A big conference and some work commitments prevented me from giving this the time I normally spend on the project, so just a quick poll heading into week 5. Last week's is ---> Right Here

The Top Sixteen
  1. Alabama--Doubled up a ranked A&M team at home, they'll keep the top spot. (Last: 1)
  2. Clemson--There were times where GTech might have made it interesting. Clemson showed their athleticism by not letting the Yellow Jackets make it close. (last: 2)
  3. Ohio State--I don't think Tulane had any business scoring 6 points, but that's just me. (last: 3)
  4. LSU--not getting the jump for style (three TDs allowed to LA Tech?), but mostly because it allows me to give Oklahoma a bunch of crap. (last: 5)
  5. Stanford--While certainly not the Ducks of old, Oregon has been on my bubble and was a ranked opponent whom Stanford made a road trip to visit, spotted a 24-7 lead at halftime, tied it up and won it in overtime. A nice win, and one that will likely be huge come season's end. (last: 7)
  6. Georgia--Did not double up a Mizzou team on the road. They'll keep the 6 spot. (last: 6)
  7. Oklahoma--the Sooner hate our military and our veterans. So did the refs. Army had a shot to get to overtime and there were some...questionable...calls there. (last: 4)
  8. Notre Dame--the offense finally came to life. (last: 8)
  9. Auburn--man does Arkansas suck. Bielema made certain to run them into the ground before bolting. (last: 9)
  10. West Virginia--looks like another long season for Kansas State, they didn't even put up a fight in this one. The Mountaineers used their weekend off well. Trips to Lubbock and Aimes in the next few weeks with Kansas in between, they could get to the heart of their conference schedule in November undefeated. (last: 12)
  11. Penn State--I'd normally give them grief for letting Illinois score 3 tds, but with the amount of times PSU had to kick off to them, it's understandable that they'd manage a drive or three. Big game in the B1G East as the Nittany Lions travel to the Shoe (last: 15)
  12. Michigan--Since dropping their opener to Notre Dame, they've done nothing but put up ooddles of points. I am not sure if they're a better team than Wisconsin right now, but it's close. (last: bubble)
  13. UCF--Florida Atlantic is a good team, and I think they'll win their conference. This is a win that many will overlook. (last: 14)
  14. Wisconsin--that's a heck of a game to have the week after dropping one to BYU. When the Badgers couldn't get movement up front, they just brought in the next two guys on the OL depth chart and went TE-OL-OL-OL-OL-OL-OL-OL---------WR across the front. Then Hornibrook has a drive to win the game where the Orange Bowl QB showed up. I am willing to concede that the heat may have been a factor two weekends ago (it's 45 in Madison right now, and it wasn't above 70 in the 10 days before that game), but Wisconsin heads into their bye week in good shape. (last: 16)
  15. Washington--The Huskies get back in for taking down AzSt and their only loss being to #9 Auburn. They host BYU this evening and I will be watching this game (if possible) to see how the Cougs handle things. (last: bubble)
  16. Ummm...Duke--whew, that was a close one. I thought I'd have to put Miami or Kentucky here for a second. But the Blue Devils have the better schedule so far, and are undefeated in it. (last: NR)
Dropped out: Virginia Tech (that's a bad bad loss), Miss State (got smoked by Kentucky), Ok State (that defense didn't show up).
On the Bubble: Kentucky, Miami, South Florida
By for now: Oregon
By forever: Kansas

Things I Noticed
Maryland put an end to this stupid "guuuhh Minnesota is undefeated" talk.
Congrats to Coach Leipold and the Buffs on getting a win over a B1G team! It was Rutgers, but still, nice work!
The team that wins Conference USA is going to be a decent team in my playoff

The Pit of Despair
Boston College gets ranked for the first time in forever (though I'm not sure why) just to get blown out by Purdue
Nebraska
may be spending a lot of time here. They're 0-3 for the first time since the 1940s
UCLA probably just lost their last winnable game of the season. They could go 0-12.
PSU / OSU is at Happy Valley

Back