Bucks vs Suns NBA Finals Thread

"Created a lot of contact". This again is something I really dislike about the NBA officiating, where offensive players can create the contact, but yet the defender gets the foul. There was one play last night, where Giannis was running slightly behind CP3, when CP3 cut in front of Giannis and stopped (rather than shooting a layup that might get blocked), and of course Giannis ran into him. That's no different than sticking your foot out when you're in the air to get contact - if CP3 hadn't done that, Giannis would not have hit him.
and what you are mentioning is not exclusive to the NBA, its in D1 college ball also.

"Created a lot of contact". This again is something I really dislike about the NBA officiating, where offensive players can create the contact, but yet the defender gets the foul. There was one play last night, where Giannis was running slightly behind CP3, when CP3 cut in front of Giannis and stopped (rather than shooting a layup that might get blocked), and of course Giannis ran into him. That's no different than sticking your foot out when you're in the air to get contact - if CP3 hadn't done that, Giannis would not have hit him.
Yep they need to start calling offensive fouls on that.

On last nights game
  • I think Bud found something with Giannis playing the 5 and going small.
  • They switched on everything and got burned and then dropped more and still got exposed by Paul. Not sure what the answer is other than just going over screens and getting exposed by the 3.
  • Not sure Paul can play better but Giannis can. He had a week off and timing and flow were off
  • Booker will not shoot 1-8 from 3 much but neither will Holiday. Who becomes a scoring option might determine the series
  • Thats the best Bridgers has looked in weeks, props to him but dont think he can sustain that
  • Ayton is really really good
  • Said before the series PHX was the best team in the league, they have been since the bubble last year

On what Paul did no, thats not on offensive foul, its been called and played like that for years
Still way to many guys like Young though who try to throw themselves into guys taking a shot to get a foul.

Still way to many guys like Young though who try to throw themselves into guys taking a shot to get a foul.
Thats not the same thing as Paul did and as I pointed out the league is going to address the other issue

Thats not the same thing as Paul did and as I pointed out the league is going to address the other issue
I'm agreeing with Pack on this. And, it's supposed to get taken care of by rules committee in the off season. It sucks, but they can't do it now.

One other thing that needs to be addressed is as Van Gundy said was the offensive foul called I believe on Booker when he charged into Conneughton after the pass out. Had nothing to do with the play at all

Back