Bucks quest for a new arena

I also asked same friend what happens in 20 years or so when Packers come asking state for help building a new stadium for them? He said that's different the Packers are good and win the Bucks and Brewers suck and did not deserve to get us to pay for it. Though he said he was also against the Packers getting Brown county to help fund the stadium redo. I told him though the tax is ending early because it more money the expected and is a proven success by bringing in millions more to Brown county before it was done. People need to see the bigger picture you help fund this and just like the Packers it can lead to a trickle down benefit as money is spent in the local economy. Milwaukee needs as much money invested in it as it can get right now to get that city back on track.

Multiple studies have shown a new facility does not make a major economic impact on a city. It's basically a money shift not new $$$$ coming in.

The major benefit of this new arena would be to develop the area around it. If the owners do help getting 500 million in new development around the arena that would be huge for the city.

Depends how you define new development. If it's the value of property yes $500m is reasonable. If it's $500m in new revenue not a chance.

Also got in a twitter argument on the whole let the owners pay for it etc. Gannett news is preaching against it ( really crappy outfit that has clustered things badly) If they lose the Bucks then watch the same people whine and cry about it.

Also shut a bunch up when I told them GB is a non profit and pays zero taxes... ooops they forgot that little tidbit.

I would not say OUR twitter convo was an argument at all - we had a conversation and yes the Packers are non-profit and tax exempt - you said that happened in like 1942 = long time ago PLUS that was the history and the way the Packers were set up to roll way back when from the get go. Which has zip to day with the Bucks being privately owned NOW. The Packers are not the Bucks.

ANYTIME - I can contribute to whatever the Packers need or want in support (I usually do not have money) - I do and will. Unless it is something that is really contrary to my personal conscience.

PLUS the GB Press Gazette was an editorial OP ED on the subject and they did not leave anything or anyone out of those that contributed the last time Packers had needs when referencing their Bucks arean opinion. http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...uce-state-share-funding-bucks-arena/29987219/

WHAT I HATE THE MOST - there is no one place that every bit of information we all think we should have/need regarding this subject. It is scattered far and wide by different legislators or newspapers, magazines or other persons. There is also not the same place to be able to ask the Bucks what questions we do have.

That right there smacks of rich men arrogance - they will kick in half - leave us to find our own way for solid information because as far as they concerned it's probably an "already done deal" with their power and influence and legislators.

If they want to leave MKE let them GO - or let them with their power and influence being private corporation and rich wealthy citizens ask their equally powerful peer group friends. Wisconsin has had enough of being played and being played with as a State. State Republican political party insists that people stand on their own two feet for 8 years now. SO LET the wealthy stand on their own two feet - they are the FIRST who exceptions should not be made for by THIS STATE EVER! - Kaye

FIRST I AM A SOLID NO unless these men stop their arrogance and get us one solid place for information that is given to us the public.

AND I MIGHT REMAIN A SOLID NO FOR GOOD - if they want to GO - cut 'em loose - let 'em go. - Kaye

I would not say OUR twitter convo was an argument at all - we had a conversation and yes the Packers are non-profit and tax exempt - you said that happened in like 1942 = long time ago PLUS that was the history and the way the Packers were set up to roll way back when from the get go. Which has zip to day with the Bucks being privately owned NOW. The Packers are not the Bucks.

ANYTIME - I can contribute to whatever the Packers need or want in support (I usually do not have money) - I do and will. Unless it is something that is really contrary to my personal conscience.

PLUS the GB Press Gazette was an editorial OP ED on the subject and they did not leave anything or anyone out of those that contributed the last time Packers had needs when referencing their Bucks arean opinion. http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...uce-state-share-funding-bucks-arena/29987219/

WHAT I HATE THE MOST - there is no one place that every bit of information we all think we should have/need regarding this subject. It is scattered far and wide by different legislators or newspapers, magazines or other persons. There is also not the same place to be able to ask the Bucks what questions we do have.

That right there smacks of rich men arrogance - they will kick in half - leave us to find our own way for solid information because as far as they concerned it's probably an "already done deal" with their power and influence and legislators.

If they want to leave MKE let them GO - or let them with their power and influence being private corporation and rich wealthy citizens ask their equally powerful peer group friends. Wisconsin has had enough of being played and being played with as a State. State Republican political party insists that people stand on their own two feet for 8 years now. SO LET the wealthy stand on their own two feet - they are the FIRST who exceptions should not be made for by THIS STATE EVER! - Kaye

FIRST I AM A SOLID NO unless these men stop their arrogance and get us one solid place for information that is given to us the public.

AND I MIGHT REMAIN A SOLID NO FOR GOOD - if they want to GO - cut 'em loose - let 'em go. - Kaye

You assume I was talking about our conversation.... you assume wrong.

You assume I was talking about our conversation.... you assume wrong.

Just wanted to make sure to stay clear with you - I did not view our tweet interaction re: "Packers non profit - do not pay taxes" as an argument at all - but we did have a discussion that included those "tidbits"

Seems their is no middle ground with this either you are against the arena and don't care if the Bucks move or you are for the arena and are willing to support using tax payer dollars.

Lot of political Capitol at stake here. Lot of posturing.

Key facts :
NBA does not want to relo Bucks
Owners are hedge fund guys. Enough said in that
Tax issu e is simple BUT it's still a tax

Who blinks ? The state. Too much to lose.

Back