Bucks quest for a new arena

Right now I put it 40-50% it gets done. Just to many polticians who are going to vote what it takes to keep in office instead of what is best long term.

80% easy it gets done. Too much too lose.

http://www.wisconsingazette.com/mil...for-the-bucks-arena-entails-hidden-costs.html

granted this is an extreme opinion. but it does bear some truths. worth the read.

I do not think it is all that extreme Mark and I did make sure it got tweet sent to Senator Dave Hansen just in case he had not already seen it. Here are my biggest beefs and peeves. I cannot find any type of Frequently Asked Questions place - to see if there is a break out of what economic impact each Bucks game gives to the economy of both that region of Wisconsin and the State of Wisconsin.

Bucks is privately owned for profit type corporation and yes they do have the support and kick-in of the wealthy and elite for this new arena - we see that - yet what is not revealed is there going to be an Arena district where some small businesses be displaced or closed out and these same wealthy and elite are going to have that property to develop as they see fit around the arena - expecting to profit at some point while being subsidized by the State of Wisconsin. In other words is this just the rich wanting to get richer at the expense of citizens via state government or not. I want to KNOW.

Next how much "give back" to viable local, regional, state charities do the Bucks actually do. What positive "give back good" do they do? I want to know.

Now, really right this minute the only people I know who can afford those tickets etc are those times when I've seen Packers players tweet in years past heading for MKE Bucks basketball game. Realize I am not around folks that much. I rarely see anything Bucks except occasional media story.

I'd like further information but yeah if Bucks need to leave - let 'em go - so what - Meh for me -perhaps all those wealthy elite folks could do their kick-in and cut another fat hog all to their benefit in another state and city that is not Wisconsin. Too little actual and specific plan information - they want the cart (MONEY) before the (HORSE - us knowing what's really up.) - Kaye

People saying owners are rich let them pay for it. Wisconsin give huge tax breaks to corperations for them to come or stay in WI. Mercury Marine got millions in tax cuts to stay in WI. Amazon got millions to build their huge no building in WI. It's a fact of life you want businsess to stay in WI you need to give them something. Otherwise no business worth a damm will stay in this state.

People saying owners are rich let them pay for it. Wisconsin give huge tax breaks to corperations for them to come or stay in WI. Mercury Marine got millions in tax cuts to stay in WI. Amazon got millions to build their huge no building in WI. It's a fact of life you want businsess to stay in WI you need to give them something. Otherwise no business worth a damm will stay in this state.

The problem with what yiu posted is that the companies you mention bring hundreds of jobs to the state plus brings revenue to the state. The arena does not. Multiple studies have shown that the economic impact of a new facility is over blown. Sure a few small business may open in the arena district but yiu will also have national chains setting up shop there. The impact on the economy will be minimal.

Also the companies you mention bring in sizable tax revenue the new arena does not increase the tax base. Does an NBA franchise enhance a cities image? Yes and that needs to be factored in.

THing is there is no new taxes to be used for this unless they had a tax surcharge to the user tickets which I agree should happen. They are not extending the Miller Park tax to cover this. The state is not creating a new tax. I agrued with a friend yesterday and he flat out said let the owners pay for it all. I said why should the owners pay for it and let the city, state, and local businesses benefit off it. He said why should they not no one forces the Bucks to stay here. So I said let them move and then those businsses get no money. To many people think that rich should pay for everything but poorer should be able to benefit from it at no cost to themselves. I am not close to rich never will be. But I know well enough that in today's world if you want a piece of the pie you are going to have to pay up to share it because no one is going to pay for it all and share it with everyone else. Just how the world works today. If Milwaukee and the state decide to be cheap and not help pay there are several other cities that will gladly to get a pro team.

Also got in a twitter argument on the whole let the owners pay for it etc. Gannett news is preaching against it ( really crappy outfit that has clustered things badly) If they lose the Bucks then watch the same people whine and cry about it.

Also shut a bunch up when I told them GB is a non profit and pays zero taxes... ooops they forgot that little tidbit.

The city, state aNo local business will not benefit much more than they already do. Again the economic impact of a new facility is really overblown. Sure the arena district will create a few jobs and drive some additional revenue but not much.

The NBA does not want to own the team bad find new ownership. Option to relocate are minimal. Seattle has arena issues , Vegas new facility is nice but MGM and AEG are building it so lease issues there. Kansas City has a failed NBA history and small TV market.

I have mixed feelings on this. I think the city and state benefit image wise with a club but I'm not a fan of a public tax to support it. New tax or not it's still a tax. There are creative ways to make this work.

I also asked same friend what happens in 20 years or so when Packers come asking state for help building a new stadium for them? He said that's different the Packers are good and win the Bucks and Brewers suck and did not deserve to get us to pay for it. Though he said he was also against the Packers getting Brown county to help fund the stadium redo. I told him though the tax is ending early because it more money the expected and is a proven success by bringing in millions more to Brown county before it was done. People need to see the bigger picture you help fund this and just like the Packers it can lead to a trickle down benefit as money is spent in the local economy. Milwaukee needs as much money invested in it as it can get right now to get that city back on track.

The city, state aNo local business will not benefit much more than they already do. Again the economic impact of a new facility is really overblown. Sure the arena district will create a few jobs and drive some additional revenue but not much.

The NBA does not want to own the team bad find new ownership. Option to relocate are minimal. Seattle has arena issues , Vegas new facility is nice but MGM and AEG are building it so lease issues there. Kansas City has a failed NBA history and small TV market.

I have mixed feelings on this. I think the city and state benefit image wise with a club but I'm not a fan of a public tax to support it. New tax or not it's still a tax. There are creative ways to make this work.
Pretty much what the plan is the plan is it's either this or let the Bucks move. That's a fact.

Back