Bucks Off Season Thread

So then theoretically you can pay Middleton money that doesn't exist for anybody else. But then I have no idea how the contracts work down the road. It certainly doesn't seem like you're set up for success the season beyond the next one.
Yes that’s correct until you get the tax threshold and that’s about $80m to get there. What you need is to develop a core of 2 or 3 guys you can “overpay” above the cap. Then hope you can get a guy for a mid level exception. The GS formula. This team is ok the next 2 years salary and cap wise, then see if Giannis signs the super max

Middleton can make up to 30% of salary cap with a max deal that's over $30 million a year there is no way in hell he is worht keeping for that. You say thanks for all you did but let him walk fro that much.

Middleton can make up to 30% of salary cap with a max deal that's over $30 million a year there is no way in hell he is worht keeping for that. You say thanks for all you did but let him walk fro that much.
And replace his points where? He was lights out in playoffs last year and had a fantastic reg season. Don’t overreact to one series

I'm sorry but there just aren't a lot of Bucks I'd hand out the money it's going to take to keep them.

They had the opportunity to step and earn it and defecated the bed.

They're good and will be fun in regular season, but they completely shriveled under adversity.

We'll pay them, and I hope I'm wrong

I'm sorry but there just aren't a lot of Bucks I'd hand out the money it's going to take to keep them.

They had the opportunity to step and earn it and defecated the bed.

They're good and will be fun in regular season, but they completely shriveled under adversity.

We'll pay them, and I hope I'm wrong
They shriveled to a team that is taking on the defending champs and looking good doing it. Disappointing sure, but nothing to be upset about. There is something to the experience factor and the deep run they had this year will build that experience. I'd love to see a player like Klay Thompson come in and replace Khris Middleton but that isn't happening. Middleton is a damn good player and would be really hard to replace. Brogdon with his 50-40-90 season is also a tough one to replace but it can be replaced. Of the two I'd keep Middleton just based on his ability to create opportunities. Brogdon seems more opportunistic in that he scores more of his points on assisted plays.

They shriveled to a team that is taking on the defending champs and looking good doing it. Disappointing sure, but nothing to be upset about. There is something to the experience factor and the deep run they had this year will build that experience. I'd love to see a player like Klay Thompson come in and replace Khris Middleton but that isn't happening. Middleton is a damn good player and would be really hard to replace. Brogdon with his 50-40-90 season is also a tough one to replace but it can be replaced. Of the two I'd keep Middleton just based on his ability to create opportunities. Brogdon seems more opportunistic in that he scores more of his points on assisted plays.
Saying they "shriveled" or "shit the bed" is a bit of an exaggeration. As you're seeing in the finals, whenever GS starts to make a run, Toronto picks up the defensive intensity. The NBA officiating is allowing them to play a very physical game, and it really throws teams off their game when they are constantly being bumped and pushed - it's much harder to adjust to that some people think.
On a side note to that . . . it's interesting to read the in game / post game comments on the NBA finals. People like to point to a specific foul called as a sign of how "biased" the refs are. I will say that what the Refs DON'T call is more influential in the result of a game, versus what they do call. And the timing of those calls has a significant influence on the flow of the game.

Saying they "shriveled" or "shit the bed" is a bit of an exaggeration. As you're seeing in the finals, whenever GS starts to make a run, Toronto picks up the defensive intensity. The NBA officiating is allowing them to play a very physical game, and it really throws teams off their game when they are constantly being bumped and pushed - it's much harder to adjust to that some people think.
On a side note to that . . . it's interesting to read the in game / post game comments on the NBA finals. People like to point to a specific foul called as a sign of how "biased" the refs are. I will say that what the Refs DON'T call is more influential in the result of a game, versus what they do call. And the timing of those calls has a significant influence on the flow of the game.
To be clear I didn't think they shriveled. I was using a different posters term. I agree completely. If the refs called a foul every time Giannis was contacted he'd have had 40 FTs a game. What the refs didn't call probably cost the Bucks a trip to the Finals. That and terrible 3 point shooting.

Playoff basketball has always been more physical than the regular season and if you are not prepared for it yes it’s a problem. I think the series has been called pretty even and fair. It’s that Gasol, Ibaka, Leonard and even Van Vleet are very physical and GS is having a hard time matching up.

The other problem GS has is beyond Curry they have nobody who can consistently score. Get Thompson and Durant back will help assuming they are healthy

To be clear I didn't think they shriveled. I was using a different posters term. I agree completely. If the refs called a foul every time Giannis was contacted he'd have had 40 FTs a game. What the refs didn't call probably cost the Bucks a trip to the Finals. That and terrible 3 point shooting.
Defense and bench play was the difference and cost a trip to the finals. Not going to blame officiating

Defense and bench play was the difference and cost a trip to the finals. Not going to blame officiating
That's fair and I'm not really blaming them. Just felt like the fouls called on the bucks were much softer than the ones not called on Toronto. Giannis is so strong that he takes contact that didn't get called while Lowry or Leonard got calls. You are correct though, the bench didn't step up like the team was used to.

Back