Bucks Off Season Thread

That's fair and I'm not really blaming them. Just felt like the fouls called on the bucks were much softer than the ones not called on Toronto. Giannis is so strong that he takes contact that didn't get called while Lowry or Leonard got calls. You are correct though, the bench didn't step up like the team was used to.
Sorry, I should have also stated that I was not blaming the officials for the Bucks loss - and I think this is a fair statement. I agree, come playoff time the intensity does goes up and it's more physical; but this also applies to the NFL. Last season, for example, the Patriots were not one of the best teams during the regular season; however, come playoff time, they know that they can get more physical and that the officials are unlikely to call the games the same way as the regular season. I'm not blaming the officials for that - it's just that the experience of having been there allows you to know what you can get away with.

I don't believe the Bucks need to do too much to win the whole thing next year. They just need to learn to handle the physical game that Toronto brings. Instead of using their hands, and getting fouls, the Raptors used their bodies to redirect the routes of the Bucks on the floor, and to gain rebounding position without pushing off. They'd just muscle up to the Bucks players and take away inside position.

I'm waiting to see how they handle the salary and cap situation, and who they'll lose. I don't think they're going to get hurt badly, and in the end, could gain some physicality through free agency.

I don't believe the Bucks need to do too much to win the whole thing next year. They just need to learn to handle the physical game that Toronto brings. Instead of using their hands, and getting fouls, the Raptors used their bodies to redirect the routes of the Bucks on the floor, and to gain rebounding position without pushing off. They'd just muscle up to the Bucks players and take away inside position.

I'm waiting to see how they handle the salary and cap situation, and who they'll lose. I don't think they're going to get hurt badly, and in the end, could gain some physicality through free agency.
Unless they decide to not offer Middleton and Brogden they have little to no cap flexibility. They might have the mid level exception but that’s about it. I agree this team does not need much if anything. Experience gained will be key

The issues in playoffs was bench and defense. Offense had spacing issues but that’s splitting hairs

Back