Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
@wojespn
·
11m
BREAKING: The Milwaukee Bucks dismissed coach Mike Budenholzer, sources tell ESPN. Budenholzer is out after the East’s top-seed suffered a first-round loss to the Miami Heat.

Crazy how things go from NBA title 2 years ago to fired now. It's not what have you done for me then but what can you do for me now. Perhaps coach Bud peaked and could have not expected him to do any better.

Now time to see who MKE is the next HC. Giannis you have to figure will play a big part in the next HC.

Not surprising. Someone had to take the fall for that disastrous end to the season.

Now they need to figure out how to retool that roster. It's old. It's expensive. The older guys are making a ton of money and didn't bring the sort of focus and determination I expected in the playoffs. The coaching only made the situation worse. The only one of the old guys I really want back is Lopez and that needs to be on a short 1-2 yr deal. Middleton may choose to come back if he doesn't opt out, which he may not after the crappy season he just had. Crowder, Matthews, and Ingles should just be let go or signed and traded, if possible.

Bucks will not be as successful next season and they were this season IMHo.

This smells of a move by a team that thinks it deserves to win just cause it did recently so needs a sacrificial lamb. Though Bucks were better than that.

Bucks IMO hire Nurse. I think they are thinking another team perhaps Philly get bounced in this round of playoffs fires the coach and goes after him so they make a move now to get deal done before another team can get him.

Not sure Bucks want to give the keys to a championship quality team to a first time HC.

Bucks will not be as successful next season and they were this season IMHo.

This smells of a move by a team that thinks it deserves to win just cause it did recently so needs a sacrificial lamb. Though Bucks were better than that.
The problem is how they get pushed around in the playoffs, without an answer. Even in the game they won against Miami, they got pushed around in Q4 and almost let a 30 point lead slip away - and then the last 2 games they had double digit leads in Q4 and lost. Maybe it's not Bud's fault, but he never seemed to have an answer.
And the year they actually did win it, Giannis actually shot well at the free throw line, and he dominated.

The problem is how they get pushed around in the playoffs, without an answer. Even in the game they won against Miami, they got pushed around in Q4 and almost let a 30 point lead slip away - and then the last 2 games they had double digit leads in Q4 and lost. Maybe it's not Bud's fault, but he never seemed to have an answer.
And the year they actually did win it, Giannis actually shot well at the free throw line, and he dominated.
Sounds like soft players not a HC issue…

Sounds like soft players not a HC issue…
It's both, actually. If he's an NBA head coach, he knows his players are soft, and should have a plan for how to adjust. If it happens once, well that's one thing . . . but it happened 3 out of the 5 games . . .

Nick Nurse will bring the spread offense to the Bucks. They have the mobility in that offense, and can create new passing lanes, and points for drives to the bucket. They have the fire power to do it, and it will allow them to be a lot more creative than in the 5-out that Bud has employed.

That alone would turn this team into a much better team, and one that could effectively use the talent on their roster.

Well the new coach better teach them how to man up. Playoffs are different, players don't go through the motions like they do most of the regular season, they go for it. Heat went for it. Bucks just went - no mental or physical juevos

Back