Brewers 2023 Season Thread

Brewers finish season up with the Cubs. The Marlins are up a half game on the Cubs after last nights game was postponed due to rain. It will be restarted on Monday if needed to decide the playoffs. The Marlins hold the season tiebreaker on the Cubs. It will be interesting how hard if at all the Brewers try to beat the Cubs because the Brewers will face either the Cubs or the Marlins in the wild card round. For me just to say a FU to the Cubs and their fans I would love the Brewers to knock them out of the playoffs and then face the Marlins.

My how the Cubs have died out. Brewers had a tremendous 2nd half to this season. I like how they look going into the playoffs.

Brewers wilted like a lilly - again. Play some of their worst baseball in the last 2 games. Crazy how the regular season big guns annually become playoff peashooters.

Brewers wilted like a lilly - again. Play some of their worst baseball in the last 2 games. Crazy how the regular season big guns annually become playoff peashooters.
Also our manager once again making very questionable calls on lineup and letting his pitchers go as long as they did. I think Counsell was acting like he had one foot out the door. He either takes a year off to decide his future or will go to the Mets. Either way I think that's best for MKE. This is going to be a rebuild going forward.

Brewers pitcher Brandon Woodruff to miss 2024 after shoulder surgery. He will be a FA after the season. Technically the Brewers could walk away from him after 2023 as he has a final year of arbitration projected at $11.6 million. The Brewers could decline to offer it making him a FA now or have the choice of offering him a multi-year deal lowering his 2024 salary to next to nothing as he sits out. But would the Brewers want to offer a 31 year old pitcher who will be missing all of next year a multi year contract? If I am the Brewers GM I am declining arbitration and letting him walk away instead of investing money into him.

Counsell interviewed with the Mets for their manager opening. I won't be upset he goes. Mets will pay him a large salary and MKE is going into a rebuild most likely find a young good manager to help grow with this team.

Back