Baseball delay

Covid was always controlling numbers to prevent hospitals from being overrun they were never overrun like expected So right now this freak out if some players get it is not a big deal. The odds are slim even if they get it they will have anything besides mild symptoms which seems most healthy adults who have got it dealt with. So this protect the players and freak out if some get it is over reacting.
never overrun? wrong, in some cities they were and there are ICU concerns in Arizona now.

Covid was always controlling numbers to prevent hospitals from being overrun they were never overrun like expected So right now this freak out if some players get it is not a big deal. The odds are slim even if they get it they will have anything besides mild symptoms which seems most healthy adults who have got it dealt with. So this protect the players and freak out if some get it is over reacting.
not to hijack the thread but read this in a blog and its spot on

The reality is if you live in a Rural area this entire thing seems silly, you see no reason you need to socially distance in a empty bar in your local town and you know of nobody that got it and your normal life before seemed entirely possible to live out now.

If you live in a crowded city, the public transit system seems like a hive of dirt, ambulance sirens surround you, you know of many people who've died and life feels entirely change and you can't imagine anything being the same again.

And political persuasion aligns more with density than anything. So please let's not assume anyone is stupid, they are just aware of their own risks and lives.

Of course CNBC will run any story about fear and Fox will say this is a conspiracy, but try to have come empathy for the relative threats.

This delay had little to do with player safety especially from ownership perspective, it was about money, if you think anything different...well follow the money

The Major League Baseball Players Association has agreed to report to training camps by July 1 and play a 60-game season, sources tell ESPN, but deal is not finalized yet.

One last health-and-safety hurdle to get over and Major League Baseball will be back a week from tomorrow.

The Major League Baseball Players Association has agreed to report to training camps by July 1 and play a 60-game season, sources tell ESPN, but deal is not finalized yet.

One last health-and-safety hurdle to get over and Major League Baseball will be back a week from tomorrow.
Screw them. Don’t care. It’s a joke at 60 games. Baseball needs to find a way to market the game not destroy it

EA8CA9F5-1AD6-4570-B4F8-F984DE53AABF.jpeg

nobody is saying testing causes more infections, its just simple math, the more you test the more will show as positive. The quote I had was from the current occupant of the WH

Where did that come from? I stated that more tests exposes the depth of the problem, doesn't have anything to do with the number of actual people infected. We were in agreement. I'm totally aware of Trump stating that as well about decreasing testing, you have less people who have it.

2020 season will include a DH for the NL and extra innings will copy the minors by putting a runner on 2nd base to try to reduce the lenth of extra innings.

Where did that come from? I stated that more tests exposes the depth of the problem, doesn't have anything to do with the number of actual people infected. We were in agreement. I'm totally aware of Trump stating that as well about decreasing testing, you have less people who have it.
Your words were :

I'm puzzled how people want to believe that doing more testing causes more infection

overall I agree with your point , the word causes threw me.

Your words were :

I'm puzzled how people want to believe that doing more testing causes more infection

overall I agree with your point , the word causes threw me.
But there are a handful of people that think that testing more will somehow make it all go away. We obviously need to keep testing to ensure we know what's going on, and I'm hoping that with the increased testing we are now getting a much larger % of the population that is actually infected (original estimates were that we were only reporting 10-20% of the actual infections). And back to baseball . . and every sport . . . they do need to test, and maintain clean facilities; but they also have to remind the players that they need to continue practicing social distancing to minimize the spread.

Reactions: TW
Back