Baseball delay

TW

Reaction score
I don't think the players and owners really want to do this thing. They both have put themselves in a position where they want to blame the other for canceling this baseball season. When you look at what's already happened at training facilities, after their careful development of safety measures, why would anyone accept they can get this right?

The problem is not in their desire to get it right, it's all about this virus, which is a sneaky SOB, that crops up in so many ways that it's impossible to totally track how it's infecting so many. Nobody has any real idea as to how many people are actually infected, and that's where the problem starts. It only takes one person who's a carrier, to pass this thing on to another person who's in isolation, who ends up a carrier, passing it on to a dozen, and it grows from there to large numbers.

Don't blame it on the league or players if there is no season. Blame it on the virus. It's the real culprit.

I don't think the safety measures (or lack thereof) at training facilities have anything to do with some of the new infections they are seeing. I'm guessing this is almost all from offsite interactions - and that goes for the colleges as well. The majority of the "increases" in reported cases are coming from younger people who are not following social distancing guidelines.

I don't think the safety measures (or lack thereof) at training facilities have anything to do with some of the new infections they are seeing. I'm guessing this is almost all from offsite interactions - and that goes for the colleges as well. The majority of the "increases" in reported cases are coming from younger people who are not following social distancing guidelines.

I agree, but it is getting into the facilities meaning their plans of isolation are ineffective.

Owners don’t want a season. They have delayed this letting the calendar dictate a 50 game season.

Florida has been a ticking time bomb for COVID. Not real surprising to be honest.

Florida has been a ticking time bomb for COVID. Not real surprising to be honest.
True, and right now the numbers are up here in TX as well. HOWEVER . . . this is the curious part, the reported cases/population is still the lowest in TX, with FL and CA being the next lowest for positive cases and fatalities - which not so coincidentally are also the states currently with the most new reported cases.
And in looking at the TX numbers, there are some interesting "inconsistencies". One county had their reported case count go from 100 to 1000 in one day - so let's just say I have some skepticism over the current "spike" in numbers.

True, and right now the numbers are up here in TX as well. HOWEVER . . . this is the curious part, the reported cases/population is still the lowest in TX, with FL and CA being the next lowest for positive cases and fatalities - which not so coincidentally are also the states currently with the most new reported cases.
And in looking at the TX numbers, there are some interesting "inconsistencies". One county had their reported case count go from 100 to 1000 in one day - so let's just say I have some skepticism over the current "spike" in numbers.
We're not testing enough here in Texas. The numbers infected is staggering. We're testing so many who are already at a critical stage before we even know they're infected. This is a serious blow to getting a handle on where this is going.

We're not testing enough here in Texas. The numbers infected is staggering. We're testing so many who are already at a critical stage before we even know they're infected. This is a serious blow to getting a handle on where this is going.
“When you do testing to that extent, you’re gonna find more people, you’re gonna find more cases. So I said to my people ‘slow the testing down, please,’”

“When you do testing to that extent, you’re gonna find more people, you’re gonna find more cases. So I said to my people ‘slow the testing down, please,’”
I'm certainly not advocating for less testing. My point is, as we continue to test more, comparing those numbers to prior days becomes statistically irrelevant. The only consistent numbers are the hospitalizations (which have ticked up a bit in TX) and fatalities (which haven't changed much). However, countrywide, we HAVE seen a significant drop in the number of daily fatalities - which means we're getting better at treating it to prevent deaths, and/or that fewer people are getting sick to the point of death from it.

I agree, but it is getting into the facilities meaning their plans of isolation are ineffective.
You mean that people testing positive are getting into the facilities, correct? Or do they have some proof that it was actually spread to someone else at a facility?

Back