An Adams Observation

Right On! The last series: Cobb runs a crossing route right into the LB! How nice of us. Nothing wrong with this scheme. The last play saw Adams route right to the CB and just turn around. I'm telling ya, the other teams have these 'routes' pegged and we are NOT adjusting. MM's refusal to admit what's wrong is why nothing is getting better. We just ran for 180 yds @ over 6 yds a carry on a rainy/snowy night in Lambeau Field and LOST to a very average Bear squad.
Complacency and denial. MM has unfortunately been here too long. IMO

Right On! The last series: Cobb runs a crossing route right into the LB! How nice of us. Nothing wrong with this scheme. The last play saw Adams route right to the CB and just turn around. I'm telling ya, the other teams have these 'routes' pegged and we are NOT adjusting. MM's refusal to admit what's wrong is why nothing is getting better. We just ran for 180 yds @ over 6 yds a carry on a rainy/snowy night in Lambeau Field and LOST to a very average Bear squad.

Sure they have the routes figured out and it won't change once Nelson gets back. Those WR's won't magically become super stars. They have been man handling them with single coverage and they'll do the same after Jordy returns. Bracket Jordy and continue on with man with the others. Much deeper than losing Nelson.

I completely agree. John Elway goes out and gets Vernon Davis for what?...a 7th round pick? We couldn't have used a TE with his skill set? Davis may not be the most stable load, but he's never had the issues Guion has had.

I would like to see MM and Ted both replaced. Ted acts like any move or signing comes out of his own pocket. Tired of it myself. This is what happens when you don't keep moving and advancing. Can't be complacent in this league. Nine years of the same 'ol, same 'ol ain't cutting the grey poupon. I have to agree that the problems run a lot deeper than Jordy being out. How long is this defense gonna struggle with tackling??? I think the pad level should be straightened out by now. ;) tc(

MM doesn't allow them to really practice tackling. They do it at half speed and everyone falls onto a big green cushion. Not going to get better at something that you can't practice.

MM doesn't allow them to really practice tackling. They do it at half speed and everyone falls onto a big green cushion. Not going to get better at something that you can't practice.
Sorry. This regime has got to go. thumbsdown))

Was it Philbin that kept things right during the SB run? I just don't get it. sh))

High ankle sprain or not for Adams their is no excuse for having passes hit you right in the hands and dropping them or running the wrong routes.

I completely agree. John Elway goes out and gets Vernon Davis for what?...a 7th round pick? We couldn't have used a TE with his skill set? Davis may not be the most stable load, but he's never had the issues Guion has had... ;) tc(

yep. i have to say that this one really bothered me as well. we clearly have a lack of talent at tight end, and 49ers were having a fire sale. it was a perfect opportunity to get a mid-season boost to our receiving corps. or should that be receiving corpse?

What it comes down to is, when Jordy went down the team needed Adams to step up. And by step up, I mean consistently beat single coverage and make catches in order to keep things more open for Cobb in the slot and preserve the 1-2 punch. Since coming back from the ankle sprain (and I know he's shot up and it's still bothering him) he has been a featured target, with coaches and AR seemingly making him the focus of their aerial attack. To date, not only has he not stepped up, he has been completely irrelevant. Not only does he not require double coverage, he doesn't even require the D to put their best DB on him. He has been negated, frustrated and manhandled by 1st, 2nd, 3rd and even emergency DBs. His focus, energy, on and off field demeanor, route running and hands have been so poor this year it makes me question whether or not he will be TT's first big miss at WR. tc(

Remember how were looking forward to Jordy/Cobb/Adams at the start of this year? Even looking forward to Adams' return as the kick-start to recovery? Is this anyother Boykin situation?

Remember how were looking forward to Jordy/Cobb/Adams at the start of this year? Even looking forward to Adams' return as the kick-start to recovery? Is this anyother Boykin situation?

Let's hope that it' not another Boykin situation. Something needs to be done about the WR talent though. Not sure anything changes, from an opponent defensive standpoint, whn Jordy comes back. Defense will continue to attack the WR's until they prove they can win the one on one match ups.

Back