An Adams Observation

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I've begun noticing, especially during the Bears game, that Adams, when thrown to, is an absolute drive killer.

I went back and looked at some of the other games. And it's been true since very early in the season.

Adams does not run good routes. He's not sharp and he's not going hard in and out of cuts. And when he does end up in the right spot, he's not open (because his poor route running doesn't shake the defender) or he drops the ball.

I think he's a major part of Rodgers having looked off a little bit.

I've begun noticing, especially during the Bears game, that Adams, when thrown to, is an absolute drive killer.

I went back and looked at some of the other games. And it's been true since very early in the season.

Adams does not run good routes. He's not sharp and he's not going hard in and out of cuts. And when he does end up in the right spot, he's not open (because his poor route running doesn't shake the defender) or he drops the ball.

I think he's a major part of Rodgers having looked off a little bit.
It's not one guy... whole team is out of sink. Frankly he's playing with a high ankle sprain shot up. Cobb is playing with a not healed separated shoulder. Why ? 2 guys out and nobody off the bench stepped up.

Oh and for all the "Janis" fans only 4 active WR tonight so EVERY 4 wide situation included Janis. Never got open.

I will have to go back and look, but I feel like I saw a lot of 3 WR and 1 TE sets.

We need to get some healthy WRs back on the field.

It's not one guy... whole team is out of sink. Frankly he's playing with a high ankle sprain shot up. Cobb is playing with a not healed separated shoulder. Why ? 2 guys out and nobody off the bench stepped up.

Oh and for all the "Janis" fans only 4 active WR tonight so EVERY 4 wide situation included Janis. Never got open.

Janis wasnt in there everytime there was 4 receivers out wide,,,,,I know I saw Richard Rodgers wide a bunch of times. I did DVR this game so would have to go back and look to make sure.

My observation is that Adams should have been benched tonight.

These WRs didn't all stop getting open and start dropping the ball ALL at the same time. They're not doing anything different IMHO than they were when we were undefeated. Aaron's just losing it.

Have to disagree Nerd, while some of this is on Aaron, this problem with the WRs goes back to last year. Teams with a particular gameplan on defense were giving this team trouble then. The difference was that the OL was a little better, the WR group was better with Jordy, and even the TE group had a little more speed with Q.

They'd have had a chance this year if Adams was 100% and Montgomery and Quarless were able to go, but that is not the case. When you combine the Nelson injury with the lack of health at WR, and the total lack of speed and play-making at TE, and throw in the fact that every team pretty much is using the same defensive gameplan against us you get what you see now - a passing offense that is among the bottom half in the league and destined to stay there for the rest of this season. The Packers have made almost no adjustments and won't make any.

I know it's easy to pile on a guy like Adams or R. Rodgers, but isn't Aaron supposed to be the kind of QB that turns scrubs into good/productive players?

Aaron Rodgers gets too much credit when things are going good and not enough criticism when they're going bad.

I mean if only we had Ted Ginn and Jerricho Cotchery as our starting wideouts, we might be undefeated.;):p

I mean if only we had Ted Ginn and Jerricho Cotchery as our starting wideouts, we might be undefeated.;):p

Carolina coaches take limited WR and scheme them open. You see them running wide open across the field. Cam Newton doesn't will them open, the coaches figure out a way to do it. Our WR routes right now are run forward, turnaround and look at the QB. They don't even come back to the ball, which should be a 101 skill.

Look at what the coaching situation looks like. You have MM at the top, then tom Clements and Edgar Bennett doing what should probably be 1 job, then the QB coach is also coaching the WR. So AVP I believe has the least coaching experience yet is responsible for the two biggest engines on O and both groups are struggling. There seems to be little accountability in either room, but especially WR right now. That's a lot of cooks in certain parts of the kitchen, and too few in other parts. I really think MM lost the ball with organization this year and it shows. It's like he stuffed as many trusted coaches near the top as possible so that... What, he doesn't have to do as much? The result is that we have designed WR routes where the WR bump into each other at the TOP of their routes - which is the worst time! Lots of teams do this when they have tight bunches, it's done to get a guy wide open very quickly. GB does it right when the pressure is getting home to AR and completely kills any momentum and timing. I could go on.

I've long been a MM guy but they had a challenge to meet this year and utterly failed.

Back