Aaron Rodgers agree's to new 4 year deal

From PFT
To supplement (or supersede) the instant analysis of the new Aaron Rodgerscontract based on the numbers reported by former teammate James Jones, PFT has obtained more details about the deal.
And here they are.
1. The signing bonus is $57.5 million. (The prior record was $50 million, set by Matthew Stafford.)
2. Through the end of the 2018 season, Rodgers will earn $66.9 million.
3. Through March 2019, he’ll earn $80.8 million.
4. Through the 2019 season, he’ll earn $81.9 million.
5. Through the 2020 season, he’ll earn $103 million.
6. Through the 2021 season, he’ll earn $125 million.
7. Through the 2022 season, he’ll earn $150.5 million.
8. Through the 2023 season, he’ll earn $176 million.
The base value of the deal is $176 million over six years, an average of $29.33 million at signing. The new-money average is $33.5 million. Both are all-time records.
The contract also includes $4 million in incentives/escalators, which could push the total value to $180 million. That would make it an even $30 million per year on the full six years.

I guess the final sticking point for Rodgers was that he just HATED Brett Hundley and demanded that they trade him. ;):p

I guess the final sticking point for Rodgers was that he just HATED Brett Hundley and demanded that they trade him. ;):p
He was like nice kid but I can't stand seeing him chew gum like a cow chewing cud.

Cutting to the chase. This was always going to be above $30m per based on what was already signed. The fact that Rodgers / Dunn worked with the organization on cash flow/SB. Props to this being a true business deal that worked for both parties

To be honest I don't mind this contract if it has no void years and nothing cute to try to be a first player to get something never seen before in a deal I have no issue with paying the man. Contracts won't be slowing down give this 3-4 years and Rodgers might not be top 5 QB pay anymore. Rodgers got his bragging rights. Got highest gross ever and most guaranteed money ever

To be honest I don't mind this contract if it has no void years and nothing cute to try to be a first player to get something never seen before in a deal I have no issue with paying the man. Contracts won't be slowing down give this 3-4 years and Rodgers might not be top 5 QB pay anymore. Rodgers got his bragging rights. Got highest gross ever and most guaranteed money ever
Agree I am mostly good with it, I do agree with Mark87 that should he get a injury that takes him out early in this people will second guess GB. Still glad it’s done. Time to play ball.

I think that almost any team that has an “elite” QB could say the same thing about their QB going down, and how that would impact/hamstring the team.

IMO, it is what it is in today’s NFL.

So Rodgers signed largest contract in NFL history at 4 years 134 million but compared to largest contract in NBA history it's small with Russell Westbrook getting 5 years 205 million

How many guys are on a basketball team? How many superstars does it take to make a basketball team a champion?

Back