a little perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

realitybytes

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
i really feel sorry for mvs. that guy was having a great game last week until overtime. in fact, it was his effort that put the packers in a position to win in overtime. i am embarrassed by the packers fans who have chosen to go so far as to issue death threats against him after the game.

so i thought maybe we could take a look at the young man's career to date and compare it to someone that is a proven #1 receiver in the nfl, our very own davante adams. i'm looking at both players for the first two years plus the first 10 games of their third year. now remember, adams was a second round draft pick and mvs was taken at the tail end of the fifth round as a comp pick.

total games played: mvs = 42 da = 39
total games started: mvs = 28 da = 32
total targets: mvs = 180 da = 237
total catches: mvs = 89 da = 141
total yards: mvs = 1,551 da = 1,592
yards per catch: mvs = 17.43 da = 11.29
total tds: mvs = 8 da = 10
total 1st downs: mvs = 56 da = 69
total 1st down %: mvs = 63% da = 49%
total fumbles: mvs = 1 da = 2

trivia question: which receiver for the green bay packers currently holds second place in the number of 40+ yards catches in the first three years of his nfl career?

answer: mvs (first place is greg jennings) adams had 2.

Perspective? Okay here it is, He drops balls he should catch frequently. When he was needed to make a big play he turned the ball over. Then he took the social media crap and rather then ignoring it he threw a pity party with his GF.

So yeah forgive us if we don't share any remorse on the guy who makes a hell of a lot more then most of us to play a game on Sunday's.

Perspective? Okay here it is, He drops balls he should catch frequently. When he was needed to make a big play he turned the ball over. Then he took the social media crap and rather then ignoring it he threw a pity party with his GF.

So yeah forgive us if we don't share any remorse on the guy who makes a hell of a lot more then most of us to play a game on Sunday's.
Sorry RB but in this case I'm 100% on this team. Winner)

everyone has a right to their opinion.

i'm just pointing out that he has been almost as productive in his first three years as our #1 receiver. maybe i should have left out the commentary about the death threats. it really isn't relevant to the comparison. adams dropped a lot of passes early in his career as well. he actually still drops quite a few, but people tend to blame rodgers for those drops because it's fashionable to dislike rodgers now.

everyone has a right to their opinion.

i'm just pointing out that he has been almost as productive in his first three years as our #1 receiver. maybe i should have left out the commentary about the death threats. it really isn't relevant to the comparison. adams dropped a lot of passes early in his career as well. he actually still drops quite a few, but people tend to blame rodgers for those drops because it's fashionable to dislike rodgers now.
No way he's a number 2 wide receiver RB. Wishful thinking on your part. He's too inconsistent and as Mark said in another thread the social media deal shows he has some mental issues. Rodgers just throws them, it's the receivers job to catch and then run. To me MVS is a #3/4 WR you can use for deep shots here and there. If we had a true #2 then he could be become something more but as is. No

To me MVS is a #3/4 WR you can use for deep shots here and there. If we had a true #2 then he could be become something more but as is. No

i agree with what you are saying completely. i've always thought of him as billy schroeder v.2

he's got size and straight-line speed and that's a great combination for deep balls.

right now, he's the defacto #2 due to our lack of depth, but in reality he's more of a #3. but you're right - if we had a true #2 receiver, that would make a difference.

his numbers are pretty darn good for a fifth round comp pick though.

If MVS could be better at ball security he could be a potential #1 WR with the speed he has. But if he contiunes to struggle catching the ball maybe work him out as a CB as they say CB's are just WR who can't catch.

Have no issue with his reaction on social media. Have no issue for his hustle and the plays he made Sunday. But the reality is he a one trick go route WR and that someone who is about a #3 WR in the league. Is what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back