26 Days Until Training Camp: In Wisconsin, Misery Loves Company

Look seeing the soul crushing losses sucks for me too, but to be honest, as a fan, seeing a team win championships is fairly low on the list of things I like and value about sports.

I like the routines, I like the human drama of each game, I like the traditions with my own family, I like how I can set my seasonal circadian rhythms to the games, I like the games themselves with the Xs and Os even though quality has gotten worse. And if your team goes far and wins something every X or Y amount of years, great, icing on the cake. Otherwise they’re a part of life, not all of it. They come and go, you spend some time in the moment with them and then you move on.
Loved "I like how I can set my seasonal circadian rhythms to the games..."

interesting take. slightly unusual, but very healthy.

There’s a great line by Bill Watterson (creator of Calvin and Hobbes): “You will do well to cultivate the resources in yourself that bring you happiness outside of success or failure.”

I think that applies well to the relationship we, as fans, have with sports.

There’s a great line by Bill Watterson (creator of Calvin and Hobbes): “You will do well to cultivate the resources in yourself that bring you happiness outside of success or failure.”

I think that applies well to the relationship we, as fans, have with sports.
Reminds me of the old quote, “Be happy in your own skin”.

Back