26 Days Until Training Camp: In Wisconsin, Misery Loves Company

I was looking at all sports college and pro. Reference was made to “making the playoffs” which would mean NCAA hoops tournament. Maybe 99% is high but the end result is not exclusive to Wisconsin. Wisconsin fans have been blessed and maybe spoiled with the success of its home teams. Yeah spoiled is pretty accurate
Though several times we should have gotten more then we have out of our teams just to watch them choke when they were the better teams.

Will be interesting to see if Allen stays at RB all year or if they try him two ways as originally he was coming in as a LB/S. With depth at RB he might not see the field at all this year otherwise. So do you play him at some defense a few games just to get him on the field before you redshirt him.

So Badgers D this year have not heard much on it what can we expect?

I was looking at all sports college and pro. Reference was made to “making the playoffs” which would mean NCAA hoops tournament. Maybe 99% is high but the end result is not exclusive to Wisconsin. Wisconsin fans have been blessed and maybe spoiled with the success of its home teams. Yeah spoiled is pretty accurate
Aha, as usual, a semantic problem. Given some of the caveats, you may be right.

Packers in NFC Championship game, Brewers coming off an 11 game win streak and 8 game lead in their division, Bucks in the Finals, Badgers have been decent past few years.... I LOVE Wisconsin sports! Maybe often a bridesmaid, but it sure beats being a spectator - or from Minnesota...

Packers in NFC Championship game, Brewers coming off an 11 game win streak and 8 game lead in their division, Bucks in the Finals, Badgers have been decent past few years.... I LOVE Wisconsin sports! Maybe often a bridesmaid, but it sure beats being a spectator - or from Minnesota...
AMEN Oak!
And don’t I know, living behind enemy lines here in MN.

WI sports teams always the bridesmaid never the bride.
Look seeing the soul crushing losses sucks for me too, but to be honest, as a fan, seeing a team win championships is fairly low on the list of things I like and value about sports.

I like the routines, I like the human drama of each game, I like the traditions with my own family, I like how I can set my seasonal circadian rhythms to the games, I like the games themselves with the Xs and Os even though quality has gotten worse. And if your team goes far and wins something every X or Y amount of years, great, icing on the cake. Otherwise they’re a part of life, not all of it. They come and go, you spend some time in the moment with them and then you move on.

Look seeing the soul crushing losses sucks for me too, but to be honest, as a fan, seeing a team win championships is fairly low on the list of things I like and value about sports.

I like the routines, I like the human drama of each game, I like the traditions with my own family, I like how I can set my seasonal circadian rhythms to the games, I like the games themselves with the Xs and Os even though quality has gotten worse. And if your team goes far and wins something every X or Y amount of years, great, icing on the cake. Otherwise they’re a part of life, not all of it. They come and go, you spend some time in the moment with them and then you move on.
interesting take. slightly unusual, but very healthy.

This is similar to my feeling. Sports to me is nothing more than entertainment. I love the major upset just as much as celebrating a championship. I’ve come to accept that on the college level, the limitations that Wisconsin has probably will never bring a national championship in my lifetime and that’s ok. Seeing the hoops team beat Villanova a few years ago was enjoyable in a different way but maybe more satisfying

I’ve also come to accept that winning a Lombardi takes more than just talent, lot of luck involved. Just think about it. Over the last 50 years or so Wisconsin sports fans have watched Marquette win a National title, GB winning Super Bowls, Bucks world champs and Finals appearances, Brewers in WS, Wisconsin Final Four & Rose Bowls. Only a handful of fan bases get to experience that

losses suck but it’s part of the experience

Back