2024 NFL Season Thread

I think this contract here could show what Kenny Clark could be in line for. Does GB want to pay him $23 million a year or now does GB draft a DT high in the draft and let Clark leave as a FA after this season?

I wouldn't even think about giving Clark $23 mill a year. You need money spread across the entire front line, and to the depth players, to make it effective. One guy alone doesn't make a d line. Even with Reggie, they had to get others on board with respectable contracts. And no matter what, Clark isn't anywhere near being a game changer like Reggie was.

I think this contract here could show what Kenny Clark could be in line for. Does GB want to pay him $23 million a year or now does GB draft a DT high in the draft and let Clark leave as a FA after this season?

As a wise man once said “structure matters” it all depends on the guarantees.

As a wise man once said “structure matters” it all depends on the guarantees.

Agreed. If you do a 2-3 year extension for Clark, with a reasonable out in the last year it's fine. You are young at DL and don't have to extend any of them other than Slaton until spring/summer of 2027. Plus I'm guessing that in the next 2-3 drafts they'll add 2 more DL guys to stay young.

Don't know if anyone saw but the NFL has taken one more step towards becoming the flag football league.

Players will now have option to wear Guardian caps on helmets during the regular season and would have teams logos on them if they do.

We are slowly seeing the death of the NFL as it becomes a league were soon you won't be allowed to hit anyone.

Don't know if anyone saw but the NFL has taken one more step towards becoming the flag football league.

Players will now have option to wear Guardian caps on helmets during the regular season and would have teams logos on them if they do.

We are slowly seeing the death of the NFL as it becomes a league were soon you won't be allowed to hit anyone.

This has zero affect on the game itself and so who cares if they rather protect themselves against brain injuries.

This has zero affect on the game itself and so who cares if they rather protect themselves against brain injuries.
I just think it's more watering down the game. The NFL is going more and more to trying to prevent hits. If they want to turn this into a less contact game then cut player pay which will cut ticket prices. People are not going to pay hundreds of dollars to see a game of flag football. Football always has been a game of a contact sport players are paid to take some risk playing it

Back