2024 NFL Season Thread

More rule changes.

Trade deadline moved to after week 9.

PS QB can be the emergency #3 QB on gameday.

Three penalty categories -- intentional grounding, roughing the passer and hits out of bounds -- were added to the list of plays replay assist can advise officials on.

So the Packers think it will effect how good returns are? AKA they paid a lot for Nixon and now won't be as effective.
No it's stupid damn rule that needed to be done a temp basis first rather than all in...so they voted against it. And let me clarfiy it's beyond stupid and makes me hate the NFL a bit more. rant)csr(BS)

I know I'm reading online that a lot of NFL players (defense) don't like that the hip-drop tackle will be penalized. It's actually 1 rule change that I'm in favor of, every time I see it I cringe because the runner's legs get bent in some crazy ways.

The hip-drop tackle calls are going to play a big part in changing the game. If we think there's a lot of missed tackles now, wait until people see what this does.

The hip-drop tackle calls are going to play a big part in changing the game. If we think there's a lot of missed tackles now, wait until people see what this does.
The hip drop tackle really only became more prevalent in recent years. But, in my opinion, it's related to the issue in missed tackles in that since the NFLPA has done away with tackling in practice, tackling skills are lacking and they end up having to do the hip-drop tackle because they can't tackle any other way. But it is extremely dangerous for the ball carrier.

NFL wants to increase scoring aka make it harder for the defender to tackle.

So going to have 2 Christmas day games and sounds like they will have teams that will play on Christmas day play the Saturday before Christmas so it will be like a team that would play on Sunday and then on Thursday.

Back