2024 FA Thread

According to SportTrac here are the UFA for this year (I don't know if this is 100% accurate):
Nijman
Nixon
Savage
Ford
Dillon
E. Wilson
T. Davis
Deguara
J. Owens
Runyan

If this list is correct, I would resign: Nijman, Nixon, Runyan, Owens, and maybe Dillon. Savage is not physical enough for playoff caliber teams, so I guess he can come back at the right price. Owens showed a lot of fire that I think rubbed off on some of the younger guys, he's worth keeping, and despite not being big was probably the best tackler of the bunch back there. None of those are so good you overspend. Though Nijman and Runyan might be most important of the list. Nixon is an important piece, but again, only at the right price.

Last edited:
I would not bring any of them back. None of them are worth paying again.

According to SportTrac here are the UFA for this year (I don't know if this is 100% accurate):
Nijman
Nixon
Savage
Ford
Dillon
E. Wilson
T. Davis
Deguara
J. Owens
Runyan

If this list is correct, I would resign: Nijman, Nixon, Runyan, Owens, and maybe Dillon. Savage is not physical enough for playoff caliber teams, so I guess he can come back at the right price. Owens showed a lot of fire that I think rubbed off on some of the younger guys, he's worth keeping, and despite not being big was probably the best tackler of the bunch back there. None of those are so good you overspend. Though Nijman and Runyan might be most important of the list. Nixon is an important piece, but again, only at the right price.

I think the list looks right. I'd let Runyan and Nijman test the market and bow out if it gets above $2mil for either of them. I think it's time to see if Caleb Jones and Tenuda can help the team. They've carried Jones on the roster as a game day inactive for 2 years, so it's time to crap or get off the pot for him. Agree on Savage and Owens. Bring them back on the cheap because you just plain need a few bodies other than rookies for next year. The rest can walk unless they come back on minimum deals with minimal signing bonuses - in other words camp fodder with no CAP hit.

I think the Packers have a rough idea as to how much they are willing to offer most of them, and in some cases there won't be an offer for others.

Wonder how much the Packers liked Degura at FB this year and if team could offer him vet min deal to return.

Also lets hope Rich does not have the pull for the Packers to resign sucky Tyler Davis back again.

I'm keeping Deguara on a 1 year cheap deal, H-back TE that worked well this yr and had a ton of tackles in teams coverage. Owens on 1 yr deal for depth... he would be my 4th Safety. Those two I try to keep.

If Nijman wants to play on a 1 year vet deal, yup I would keep the depth otherwise bye bye. Ditto on Runyan.

Nixon is great on teams but otherwise meh..... still if the price is right. The rest can test the waters

Jags cut their starting safety. 30 years old but has had good last couple years maybe a guy you get cheaper due to age and can get a couple more years out of him?

PFF ranked Jenkins as one of the worst safeties in the league. I think it's a hard pass here.

Back