2023 NFL Season Thread

the city of GB has meet with NFL and got list or requirements to place bid for either the 2025 or 2027 NFL draft.

Saying it's betwen GB and Washington. Washington will get it. With rumors teams will be sold soon this will be owners gift to new owners.

Saying it's betwen GB and Washington. Washington will get it. With rumors teams will be sold soon this will be owners gift to new owners.

GB has no chance in a good day… with the spectacle that NFL likes to make the draft GB just isn’t glitzy enough of a place. The NFL can give GB a list but doesn’t mean they have a chance.

The draft in GB would be a disaster for the area just like the olympics always is. City/county will have to jump through hoops and make all sorts of short term decisions and projects with long term consequences for everyone who lives there, all for a 3 day event. One of the things I don't like about Murphy is that Green Bay - as it is, with its benefits and drawbacks - never seems to be good enough.

NFL says teams can now be scheduled for two TNF games each season instead of one.

There was a proposal to allow Sunday games to be flexed to Thursday night. It was narrowly rejected but I think it's insane that it was even close. When I went to a November game last year we bought tickets and flights in June, who are these owners to think they can jerk people around like this? And for what, because it hurt Jeff Bezos' and Al Michaels' pride that they had a bunch of crummy games last year? Unreal.

There was a proposal to allow Sunday games to be flexed to Thursday night. It was narrowly rejected but I think it's insane that it was even close. When I went to a November game last year we bought tickets and flights in June, who are these owners to think they can jerk people around like this? And for what, because it hurt Jeff Bezos' and Al Michaels' pride that they had a bunch of crummy games last year? Unreal.
One owner said that they can't flex games to Thursday nights they need to think of people buying these tickets and making plans.

Because TV revenue is exponentially bigger than ticket revenue… they really care less about the people buying tickets than the ratings

Because TV revenue is exponentially bigger than ticket revenue… they really care less about the people buying tickets than the ratings
Pretty much true, because I believe they still made money playing to empty stadiums with the pandemic, from what I gather.

Back