2022 NFL News

I hope this doesn't go where it appears it will. I have this hunch that any touch of a QB will be a penalty.
Look at 4-5 years back then CM3 was getting all the flags for what should have been text book tackle

This is the NFL back on the "illegal contact" foul on WR again..... might as well play flag FB soon.
NFL wants to make it were offenseive players can't be touched and a player on defense can't do their jobs

Lamar Jackson seets start of season as deadline for contract talks or else he will cut them off. Sounds like issue is Jackson is demanding a fully guarnted deal larger then Watson got. I can't see the Ravens giving him that nor any team even if he went to FA so if that's what he's holding out for and won't take anything else I think he ends up playing under year 5 this year and the next to FT's

Lamar Jackson seets start of season as deadline for contract talks or else he will cut them off. Sounds like issue is Jackson is demanding a fully guarnted deal larger then Watson got. I can't see the Ravens giving him that nor any team even if he went to FA so if that's what he's holding out for and won't take anything else I think he ends up playing under year 5 this year and the next to FT's
The Browns screwed the entire league with the Watson contract.
Does Lamar deserve more? maybe, as without him Baltimore struggles. Relative to guaranteed, again he probably has earned it, but . . . as much as he runs it, he's more likely to get injured than Watson. Baltimore is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The Browns screwed the entire league with the Watson contract.
Does Lamar deserve more? maybe, as without him Baltimore struggles. Relative to guaranteed, again he probably has earned it, but . . . as much as he runs it, he's more likely to get injured than Watson. Baltimore is stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Thing is that Watson deal might be a one off as you have seen a few other QB's sign since then and they have not got it.

I agree with you that if I was Baltimore I would not give Jackson a deal like that. His game is based off his legs. He gets a major knee injury there goes his game Jackson is not a pocket passing QB and while he is a top 10 QB he's not worth investing that type of money into because it's to much of a risk.

No urgency, a deal will get done at some point

Thing is that Watson deal might be a one off as you have seen a few other QB's sign since then and they have not got it.

I agree with you that if I was Baltimore I would not give Jackson a deal like that. His game is based off his legs. He gets a major knee injury there goes his game Jackson is not a pocket passing QB and while he is a top 10 QB he's not worth investing that type of money into because it's to much of a risk.
The narrative that his game is built on his legs is a bit oversold. Sure he make plays with his legs but his stats don’t show a 1 trick pony either. Orlovsky mentioned this stat …
“Lamar-2nd-highest rated passer when trailing last season (behind Rodgers). His 7 wins, 4 required a 4th-quarter comeback

And any QB who get a major knee injury is SOL. I can count on one had pure pocket passers in the league now who don’t use the legs to make plays. That’s a function of spread systems at the D1 level. And if you don’t sign him what’s the alternative?

The narrative that his game is built on his legs is a bit oversold. Sure he make plays with his legs but his stats don’t show a 1 trick pony either. Orlovsky mentioned this stat …
“Lamar-2nd-highest rated passer when trailing last season (behind Rodgers). His 7 wins, 4 required a 4th-quarter comeback

And any QB who get a major knee injury is SOL. I can count on one had pure pocket passers in the league now who don’t use the legs to make plays. That’s a function of spread systems at the D1 level. And if you don’t sign him what’s the alternative?
Thing is will you give him 250-260 fully guaranteed?

Thing is will you give him 250-260 fully guaranteed?
Not sure. Maybe Burrow inks a deal and the market resets on that. I’ve said all along Watson was an outlier but as Howard mentioned they are between a rock and a hard place. He can ask for what he wants because as of today there is zero urgency to get a deal done and the alternative is not very attractive either.

Not sure. Maybe Burrow inks a deal and the market resets on that. I’ve said all along Watson was an outlier but as Howard mentioned they are between a rock and a hard place. He can ask for what he wants because as of today there is zero urgency to get a deal done and the alternative is not very attractive either.
Only thing is to get a deal done is if Jackson would try to play the I can just play year 5 and the two FT. He could make $90-100 million by playing the next 3 years. It's a injury risk on his part but paints the Ravens into a corner paying that much money for 3 years.

Back