2022 NFL News

dannobanano

Reaction score
Interesting regarding IR and Practice Squads.

So even less practice time for players. Seems NFL players want to practice less and less. At this point next CBA they will ask to have not TC at all.

Tyler Dunne has an article out about Lamar Jackson and his status in Baltimore. Any idea what Lamar's problem is there, and why he doesn't want to sign an extension with the team? is it the coaches?

Tyler Dunne has an article out about Lamar Jackson and his status in Baltimore. Any idea what Lamar's problem is there, and why he doesn't want to sign an extension with the team? is it the coaches?
This article thinks it’s about money. And with the cap going up dramatically after the 2022 season, I would be inclined to lean that way.

He acts as his own agent. They said Baltimore has tried to talk to him and he won't talk contract to them. I would not be shocked if he wants a Watson contract were it's all guaranteed. He can also use threat they don't give him what he wants he just plays under the 5th year and the next two FT's and then leaves the team as a FA after that and follow what Kirk Cousins did. I don't think the Ravens would want to pay him over $100 million over the next 3 years and watch him leave in FA.

IMO Jackson wants a mega guaranteed contract let him walk. I am not sold on him being much of a passer and if his legs go on him that would be an awful contract to have.

Back