2022 NFL News

IMO Jackson wants a mega guaranteed contract let him walk. I am not sold on him being much of a passer and if his legs go on him that would be an awful contract to have.
Put an injury clause in it.
If you get hurt (like an acl), then the remainder of the contract becomes non-guaranteed.

Put an injury clause in it.
If you get hurt (like an acl), then the remainder of the contract becomes non-guaranteed.
Yeah these players and agents would never allow that they want as much guaranteed $$ as they can get.

Yeah these players and agents would never allow that they want as much guaranteed $$ as they can get.
I get that, but with a salary cap, a team needs to protect its ability to remain competitive and viable.
Players are trying to move the goal posts on contract structure, but for the integrity/quality of the game/product, teams and players need to find some kind of middle ground.
JMHO

This was brought up in shout yesterday, but sad news about Barber. No cause of death yet but to me what stands out is the almost shameless statement from the Cowboys/NFL here. Maybe it feels a little tone deaf to celebrate the hard-nosed play style of a guy who was charging vehicles like a rhino after his playing career ended.

This was brought up in shout yesterday, but sad news about Barber. No cause of death yet but to me what stands out is the almost shameless statement from the Cowboys/NFL here. Maybe it feels a little tone deaf to celebrate the hard-nosed play style of a guy who was charging vehicles like a rhino after his playing career ended.
I wonder if they will autopsy his brain to check for CTE?

IMO Jackson wants a mega guaranteed contract let him walk. I am not sold on him being much of a passer and if his legs go on him that would be an awful contract to have.
And the alternative is? You can be a playoff team with him, how deep of a run is the question. He’s a threat on offense

Harsh thing is the league’s overall message on player safety has been window dressing. They have not cared for year and unless it’s a legal battle they will continue not to care

And the alternative is? You can be a playoff team with him, how deep of a run is the question. He’s a threat on offense
But he sure puts up some great fantasy numbers every year . . . . he's a bit bigger than some of the other "running" Qb's, so it will be interesting how long his body will take all those hits . .

At some point got to ask is he worth what he asks? Sometimes you have to walk. What if he wants $240-250 fully guaranteed contract?

But he sure puts up some great fantasy numbers every year . . . . he's a bit bigger than some of the other "running" Qb's, so it will be interesting how long his body will take all those hits . .
This is my issue he goes RG3 what do you do stuck with a horrible contract

Back