2022 NFL News

So Mayfield traded to Carolina. 5th round pick that can move up to a 4th depending on playing time. He agreed to take a $3.5 million pay cut that can be earned back thru incentives. Browns will pay $10.5 million of his salary leaving Carolina on the hook for only $5 million plus any of the $3.5 of incentives Mayfield earns back.

Pretty good trade for Carolina getting Mayfield for next to nothing dollars wise and a day 3 pick. Now does Carolina try to do a trade with Darnold were they pick up the majority of his salary to get a pick out of him or do they keep him as a $19 million dollar backup to Mayfield? I can't see them cutting him since Darnold's contract is also fully guaranteed.

So Mayfield traded to Carolina. 5th round pick that can move up to a 4th depending on playing time. He agreed to take a $3.5 million pay cut that can be earned back thru incentives. Browns will pay $10.5 million of his salary leaving Carolina on the hook for only $5 million plus any of the $3.5 of incentives Mayfield earns back.

Pretty good trade for Carolina getting Mayfield for next to nothing dollars wise and a day 3 pick. Now does Carolina try to do a trade with Darnold were they pick up the majority of his salary to get a pick out of him or do they keep him as a $19 million dollar backup to Mayfield? I can't see them cutting him since Darnold's contract is also fully guaranteed.
They have stated that Darnold is QB1 and that Mayfield will have to win the spot.
Not going to just hand it to him, but there will be competition for that spot.

They have stated that Darnold is QB1 and that Mayfield will have to win the spot.
Not going to just hand it to him, but there will be competition for that spot.
It’s probably more QB1A & QB1B at this point. Open competition

I think Mayfield starts as soon as he can understand the playbook. Carolina does not make trade if they are happy with Darnold.

Sterling Sharpe was nominated along with several other people with Packers ties for a senior player or contributor. Question is do you feel Sharpe is worthy of being elected? I do. During his 7 years in the NFL he was one of the most dominate WR's in the NFL. Had he not gotten hurt he would have gotten a ring in 96 and very like ended up with stats that would have already had him in Canton. If Terrell Davis can have 3 big seasons and get in and if Megatron can have 9 years and get in on his first ballot why should Sharpe not be in? I think Sharpe is more then deserving to be in and in fact based on past history should have been elected in already.

Sterling Sharpe was nominated along with several other people with Packers ties for a senior player or contributor. Question is do you feel Sharpe is worthy of being elected? I do. During his 7 years in the NFL he was one of the most dominate WR's in the NFL. Had he not gotten hurt he would have gotten a ring in 96 and very like ended up with stats that would have already had him in Canton. If Terrell Davis can have 3 big seasons and get in and if Megatron can have 9 years and get in on his first ballot why should Sharpe not be in? I think Sharpe is more then deserving to be in and in fact based on past history should have been elected in already.
Would love to see Sharpe get in. I would also like to see Ken Riley CB, Benagls get in too. Ranks around 5th in all-time interceptions. The 4 guys above him and 4 below him, from what I heard, are in. He should be in by now.

Would love to see Sharpe get in. I would also like to see Ken Riley CB, Benagls get in too. Ranks around 5th in all-time interceptions. The 4 guys above him and 4 below him, from what I heard, are in. He should be in by now.
Out of top 13 guys Riley at 5 is not in Darren Sharper at 8 (Will never get in for what he did) and Dave Brown at 10

Back