2022 Bucks Off-Season Thread

So expansion likely around 5 years down road since current TV deal still goes for 3 more seasons. With price of Denver Broncos sale makes me think a $2-3 billion dollar expansion fee could be charged for each team added. Teams values never go down so charging that much likely still would make a new owner money if they sold team 10-15 years down the road.

Per CBS Sports article

Connaughton should be able to command more than his $5.7 million player option, given that he knocked down 39.5 percent of his 3s on career-best volume. Milwaukee signed Grayson Allen for two years and $18.7 million before the season started, and there was no question about who deserved the bigger role in the Celtics series. After dumping DiVincenzo at the deadline, retaining Connaughton figures to be a priority for the Bucks -- if he leaves, they'll be left trying to fill the hole on the wing with the mini-midlevel, a minimum contract or some kind of trade.

Retaining Portis will likely be a priority for the same reason. He signed a team-friendly deal after winning the 2021 title, and there's no reason for him to give the Bucks another discount. Assuming he doesn't pick up his $4.5 million option, they can sign him to a multi-year deal with a starting salary of up to $10.9 million, using Early Bird rights. Portis started for most of the season and some of the playoffs, and while he didn't shoot as well as he did in his first year in Milwaukee, the rebounding remained strong.

No doubt, both need to sign two year deals. At this point, they are our entire bench.

Per CBS Sports article

Connaughton should be able to command more than his $5.7 million player option, given that he knocked down 39.5 percent of his 3s on career-best volume. Milwaukee signed Grayson Allen for two years and $18.7 million before the season started, and there was no question about who deserved the bigger role in the Celtics series. After dumping DiVincenzo at the deadline, retaining Connaughton figures to be a priority for the Bucks -- if he leaves, they'll be left trying to fill the hole on the wing with the mini-midlevel, a minimum contract or some kind of trade.

Retaining Portis will likely be a priority for the same reason. He signed a team-friendly deal after winning the 2021 title, and there's no reason for him to give the Bucks another discount. Assuming he doesn't pick up his $4.5 million option, they can sign him to a multi-year deal with a starting salary of up to $10.9 million, using Early Bird rights. Portis started for most of the season and some of the playoffs, and while he didn't shoot as well as he did in his first year in Milwaukee, the rebounding remained strong.
Well it’s not like CBS Sports was going out on a limb here

So expansion likely around 5 years down road since current TV deal still goes for 3 more seasons. With price of Denver Broncos sale makes me think a $2-3 billion dollar expansion fee could be charged for each team added. Teams values never go down so charging that much likely still would make a new owner money if they sold team 10-15 years down the road.

Let’s not comp NBA values (financial) to the NFL. Different business model and revenue streams. While I agree the expansion fees go up, how much is the question. The CBA expires after the 2023-2024 season but could even opt out in December. Stay tuned

Keep hearing the name Eric Gordon connected to Milwaukee. Don’t know how you match $$$ but I guess anything is possible

Keep hearing the name Eric Gordon connected to Milwaukee. Don’t know how you match $$$ but I guess anything is possible
A restricted FA after July 1. It appears Houston is trying to sign him, then would negotiate a trade I assume, if he wants out. They are looking for a #1, so that's kind of steep for a guy who is 33.

A restricted FA after July 1. It appears Houston is trying to sign him, then would negotiate a trade I assume, if he wants out. They are looking for a #1, so that's kind of steep for a guy who is 33.
Yeah that’s another issue. What they want and what they end up with might be a bit different. I get the need for scoring but ….

The more I watch LaRavia the more I like him in this system

Obviously the Bucks have no shot at the top players, but it's been interesting to watch the debates around the top players. I know Chet Holmgren's season shouldn't be defined by March madness, but what I saw was a good player, not a #1 pick. people are trying to compare him physically to Kevin Durant . . .

Back