2022 Bucks Off-Season Thread

It’s not weak. Portis , Connaughton and Matthews are fine. Allen is adequate if all you want is offense. It’s not like you can just roll out of bed and play defense. And as we have discussed here matchups matter.
Meh not a big fan of Matthews his game is up and down. Portis seems more of a starter with Lopez not being able to stay healthy much anymore. Connaughton I see him more as a 3 guy not much more

Every team is hard capped that are elite. It’s about ownership willing to pay the tax and I give credit to them for doing that. In retrospect the Ibaka deal was not good and they admitted it. Fine move on. Allen was a fine but he got exposed in the playoffs. Fine fix it.

I’ve been saying for 6 months this team needs to get more athletic and more length. They addressed that in the draft. Now find a wing who can create offense as a #1 option off the bench.
Who are they going to find as a wing? I think at this point you wait until August see what's left out there to take a cheap 1 year deal. Not going to find much not a a #1 option with what $ Bucks can offer

Meh not a big fan of Matthews his game is up and down. Portis seems more of a starter with Lopez not being able to stay healthy much anymore. Connaughton I see him more as a 3 guy not much more
Portis is not a 30+ minute starter in the league. Connaughton has some length and hops and is an above average defender

Who are they going to find as a wing? I think at this point you wait until August see what's left out there to take a cheap 1 year deal. Not going to find much not a a #1 option with what $ Bucks can offer
Personally I don’t think they make a trade because #1 salaries have to match and what assets do you give up.

Note on Portis. Tomorrow (6/29) is his decision day. Also they have to make a qualifying offer for Norwa

I see Bucks going FA to fill the roles they want filled. No trades this time around.

Personally I don’t think they make a trade because #1 salaries have to match and what assets do you give up.
I think Bucks try to move the corspe of George Hill maybe throw in some 2nd round picks

I see Bucks going FA to fill the roles they want filled. No trades this time around.
Bucks are very limited in what they can spend in FA what can you get using the MLE?

Note on Portis. Tomorrow (6/29) is his decision day. Also they have to make a qualifying offer for Norwa
Portis as expected opt'd out and Norwa got a $2 million offer from MKE

Back