2022 Bucks Off-Season Thread

Not sure how much. I’ll say it again he’s not a 30+ minute player
No but at his age he does not have many contracts left it's does he enjoy MKE over getting as much $$ as he can get to set up his family

No but at his age he does not have many contracts left it's does he enjoy MKE over getting as much $$ as he can get to set up his family
My point is teams know what he brings and his value. He’s not going to get starter money on the open market.

My point is teams know what he brings and his value. He’s not going to get starter money on the open market.
No but could get higher backup offer then MKE could he get 8 million a year offer on open market?

I have a hunch the Bucks and Portis are talking about a 2 year deal. Probably a player option on it. I doubt that they'd go 3, but it could happen I guess. Depends on the money. Portis knows that 3 years is probably his roof.

The question on using Portis is how much do you play him at 4, and at 5? The more you play him at 5, the less you use him at 4. Also, the reverse is possible. So, looking for one more guy? I think you weigh it carefully and look for a guy who can play both 4 and 5, so you have increased options, and a little bit of a fall back position if you end up with another Lopez injury, or one to Portis. Possibly both!

The Bucks also need to address someone to replace Allen, but that's just my opinion.

I have a hunch the Bucks and Portis are talking about a 2 year deal. Probably a player option on it. I doubt that they'd go 3, but it could happen I guess. Depends on the money. Portis knows that 3 years is probably his roof.

The question on using Portis is how much do you play him at 4, and at 5? The more you play him at 5, the less you use him at 4. Also, the reverse is possible. So, looking for one more guy? I think you weigh it carefully and look for a guy who can play both 4 and 5, so you have increased options, and a little bit of a fall back position if you end up with another Lopez injury, or one to Portis. Possibly both!

The Bucks also need to address someone to replace Allen, but that's just my opinion.
I would agree on the contract details.

I personally think he’s more a true 4 in this system especially since Bud likes to play small more often than not. I don’t mind him playing the 5 but you sacrifice a bit of defense and rebounding, especially defense with Drop coverage

Allen is a complicated situation. He’s perfect as a spot up 3 shooter but he’s such a liability on defense that negates his offense. It’s one of those things that works over 82 games but Boston exposed him in the playoffs.

Why would they need someone to replace Allen? He signed a 2 year contract ext when he was traded to MKE

Why would they need someone to replace Allen? He signed a 2 year contract ext when he was traded to MKE
He’s a liability on defense and was exposed in the playoffs by Boston. He might be ok over 82 games but playoffs is another issue. He can’t guard someone like Brown of Smart

He’s a liability on defense and was exposed in the playoffs by Boston. He might be ok over 82 games but playoffs is another issue. He can’t guard someone like Brown of Smart
He's a guy off the bench he should not be counted on to have to guard a top guy.

Back