2021 Off Season Thread

all of that information is there. but, to answer your question, smith played 79% of the defensive snaps and gary played only 44%. which is pretty disappointing for a #12 draft pick in his second year. i know - covid.
It also shows that Gary’s production was equal or better than Smith. Considering he’s playing out of position. 2nd half of the year Gary was the better player on the field

Burnes was a better option. Simmons had red flags also
Burnes was a OLB never going to be considered with just signing the Smiths and he would be in a backup role also.

Or maybe they should’ve gotten Gary on the field more?
he had covid issues that kept him out of one game. the next four games after that he played a lot of snaps but had almost no stats. in the second half of the season, he generated the bulk of his stats.

Burnes was a OLB never going to be considered with just signing the Smiths and he would be in a backup role also.
burns was a defensive end for florida state. carolina played him as an edge. that doesn't mean that the packers would have done the same.

burns was a defensive end for florida state. carolina played him as an edge. that doesn't mean that the packers would have done the same.
In combine drills Burns dropped and moved like a defensive back and Gary moved like a shopping cart. He’s a bit duck footed and fell down a couple times. And then to hear Packer brass talk about how natural he is to play OLB, it was like living in a different reality. Subsequent choices by this group have only solidified that thought - they live in a different world.

Still! Doesn’t mean Gary is a bad player or won’t be productive. Just means he is not what they thought he was.

• Haha
Reactions: TW
In combine drills Burns dropped and moved like a defensive back and Gary moved like a shopping cart. He’s a bit duck footed and fell down a couple times. And then to hear Packer brass talk about how natural he is to play OLB, it was like living in a different reality. Subsequent choices by this group have only solidified that thought - they live in a different world.

Still! Doesn’t mean Gary is a bad player or won’t be productive. Just means he is not what they thought he was.
LOL Moved like a shopping cart.

Watch yourself, you tell me. Maybe I’m nuts.

I don't think he's awful just built more off the line. I think we should have cut Lowry and put in Gary at his spot.

Back