2021 Off Season Thread

If this draft is as strong a draft for RB's as some think. Jones will have a limited market. All the top RB's resigned so won't have those teams looking to get one in FA. Also in FA you have very few teams who will spend this year. Also that RB is the most devalued position in the NFL. I think Jones and his agent have a number they want but I think it will be hard for them to find a team to give them that number. I think deal will be closer to 3 years $36 million with about $18-20 guaranteed.

If this draft is as strong a draft for RB's as some think. Jones will have a limited market. All the top RB's resigned so won't have those teams looking to get one in FA. Also in FA you have very few teams who will spend this year. Also that RB is the most devalued position in the NFL. I think Jones and his agent have a number they want but I think it will be hard for them to find a team to give them that number. I think deal will be closer to 3 years $36 million with about $18-20 guaranteed.
Any team that guarantees that much vs AAV is nuts

$15m in AAV is probably high but not by much and AAV vs guaranteed $$$ is like comparing the stock market to the real economy. Totally agree he’s creating a market
Drew is one of the best in the biz for a reason. He knows how to play the game.

In reference to Aaron Jones. GBP said it best. The running back position has seen a considerable drop in value over the years. The days of an RB having a long shelf life for a team is history. It's as if teams believe they can find a guy bagging groceries and he can give them a 1,000 yard season.

The old "work horse" RB is a thing of the past, except for a short number of years before being replaced.

Then there's the issue of the system. Some teams might find that Aaron Jones is "not" a good fit for their system. It happens often enough that it has to be considered.

In reference to Aaron Jones. GBP said it best. The running back position has seen a considerable drop in value over the years. The days of an RB having a long shelf life for a team is history. It's as if teams believe they can find a guy bagging groceries and he can give them a 1,000 yard season.

The old "work horse" RB is a thing of the past, except for a short number of years before being replaced.

Then there's the issue of the system. Some teams might find that Aaron Jones is "not" a good fit for their system. It happens often enough that it has to be considered.
That's true now. But eventually the pendulum swings the other way and some team is gonna create a system where a workhorse RB crushes opposing defenses again.

That being said GB is not that team......

Reactions: TW

Numbers matter. In the last 2 season Jones has rushed for 51 yds or less 13 times. He’s just not a consistent back and then there is his build. He’s not a 20 carry per back guy. Sure he gives you nice chunk yds and that’s what fans like to see and latch on to. He’s not Dalvin Cook good

Numbers matter. In the last 2 season Jones has rushed for 51 yds or less 13 times. He’s just not a consistent back and then there is his build. He’s not a 20 carry per back guy. Sure he gives you nice chunk yds and that’s what fans like to see and latch on to. He’s not Dalvin Cook good
He's also not a back who is likely to give you 16 games a season. You don't pay elite money for a 12-13 game season.

The Packers are hiring Justin Hood source tells FootballScoop. Hood coached the defensive backs at Kent State the past few seasons. We hear his role is likely defensive quality control / coaching assistant.

Tonyan yes he will stay being a RFA. Jones will walk. He is the top RB in FA so some team that has lots of cap space will overpay for him. When he rejected the Packers offer and signed with Rosenhaus to me that was a sign he was moving on and hiring the biggest shark among agents to get him the best deal he could. Only way I see him back in GB is if the offer GB made would still be on the table during FA and he would find that no other team will pay him the big dollars he wants and GB offer was the best he could get.
Per nlf network,Pats are pursuing Tonyan hard

Back