2021 Off Season Thread

I hate to say this, but with Rodgers gone next year, I'd trade Adams for draft choices. Add those to the picks for Rodgers, and you have a solid rebuild in motion.
Also do you trust the FO to be able to draft good players to rebuild?

Me either that's why I would rather keep a proven top WR like Adams then try to draft a replacement.
i think he's overvalued honestly. rodgers makes receivers look better than they are, and i think he knows it. during rodgers years as the qb, not one receiver has left the packers and looked as good or better than he did with rodgers throwing the ball. that's why he said the things he said and was a holdout.

i think he's overvalued honestly. rodgers makes receivers look better than they are, and i think he knows it. during rodgers years as the qb, not one receiver has left the packers and looked as good or better than he did with rodgers throwing the ball. that's why he said the things he said and was a holdout.
Though he's talented. I think talent wise he's the best WR the team has had since Sterling Sharpe.

Also do you trust the FO to be able to draft good players to rebuild?
JMHO, but Gute has done pretty well in drafting the early rounds.
Alexander
Gary
Savage
Jenkins
(2020 class is YTBD)

where he’s been rocky is the 3rd and 4th round picks.
I would think having 4-5 picks in the first two rounds, Gute could find some real talent to add to this team.

When did Adams holdout? He specifically said he was not going to holdout because he doesn't want to get fined.

In 2017 when Rodgers busted his shoulder, Adams still produced with Brett Hundley. The same year, Jordy's numbers went off a cliff without Rodgers. Similarly, when Rodgers was hurt in 2013, Jordy still produced even with Scott Tolzien and Matt Flynn at QB. Good WR can produce, even with crappy QB play.

To me it's not a question of Adams skills, because he's undeniably talented. It's the bang for the buck element of that kind of massive contract in ML's offense where the offense hasn't suffered in games when Adams was hurt.

Not sure Jordy seems like the guy to me who Rodgers made better then he was.
We might view both those players differently, but if you asked that question of Rodgers he’d have a hard time picking one over the other.

Back