2021 Off Season Thread

Depends on which team he does it to. If it’s the Saints, the NFL competition committee will ban the move in the off-season and make all other leg movements subject to a coaches challenge.
Plus a mandatory replay review to decide if it was “targeting”.

The #Packers executed a rare maneuver in re-signing TE Robert Tonyan, treating most of his $3.384 million RFA tender as bonus for salary cap purposes, tacking on 4 voidable years and saving close to $1.9 million on this year's cap. They've cleared about $4.4M total the past week.

@RobDemovsky
The WR group is once again missing its top-5 vets. No sign of Davante Adams, MVS, Allen Lazard, EQ St. Brown and Devin Funchess.

I do think think this was planned among the WR's to not attend.

All the media hype around Tonyan makes me nervous he isn't going to live up to expectations people seem to have for him.

All the media hype around Tonyan makes me nervous he isn't going to live up to expectations people seem to have for him.
They seem to want to believe he's another Gronk. He's not as physical, and doesn't have the strength to shed people like he can. Then there's the hands. He has amazing hands.

They may well be over-hyping him, anticipating they can get another gear out of him. Also, he might be the "check-down guy" that seems to be what Love finds most? sh))

I'm sorry who is hyping him? Saying he's another Gronk?

I'm sorry who is hyping him? Saying he's another Gronk?
Many of those who shall not be named sources.

But also GBPG and I saw it on another national media outlet too.

He had a nice season last year. But expectations seems to be pretty high. Just don't want to see him not live up to unrealistic expectations because I do think he is a nice find. But he was an UDFa type for a reason.

On another note. I hope ML doesn't hold back on keeping those guys who skipped OTA and such accountable if they come in behind or unready. Especially said prima Donna qb.

@RobDemovsky
The WR group is once again missing its top-5 vets. No sign of Davante Adams, MVS, Allen Lazard, EQ St. Brown and Devin Funchess.

I do think think this was planned among the WR's to not attend.
if you miss the first day of voluntary otas, there is absolutely zero reason not to miss the whole thing and show up for mandatory. these sportswriters are ridiculous saying the same thing each day "once again, they're missing". duh.

Many of those who shall not be named sources.

But also GBPG and I saw it on another national media outlet too.

He had a nice season last year. But expectations seems to be pretty high. Just don't want to see him not live up to unrealistic expectations because I do think he is a nice find. But he was an UDFa type for a reason.
Fair. Worth remembering that even Richard Rodgers caught 8TDs one year. You can be productive without being a difference maker, if that makes sense.

Back