2021 Off Season Thread

I doubt there's a real high side to MVS to be honest. I just don't see the little things out of him that will move him up in the pecking order. He appears to lack the ability to find open spaces when a play breaks down. He kind of drifts around on the field hoping he gets open. Good receivers read the field before the play breaks down, and know what they need to do to get open when it does.

He doesn't have crisp moves. He seems to slow as he's about to make his moves, giving defenders a heads up on his intent. There doesn't seem to be those natural instincts that make him special.

The league is full of guys who can run some routes. The only ones who make their mark have a full tree, and can improvise in unison with his QB when needed. I just don't see that there.

Your being kind. He got nice straight line speed and looks the part but against a above average corner he can’t separate
Heck outside of Adams that's true for any of our WR's as they can't separate.

I doubt there's a real high side to MVS to be honest. I just don't see the little things out of him that will move him up in the pecking order. He appears to lack the ability to find open spaces when a play breaks down. He kind of drifts around on the field hoping he gets open. Good receivers read the field before the play breaks down, and know what they need to do to get open when it does.

He doesn't have crisp moves. He seems to slow as he's about to make his moves, giving defenders a heads up on his intent. There doesn't seem to be those natural instincts that make him special.

The league is full of guys who can run some routes. The only ones who make their mark have a full tree, and can improvise in unison with his QB when needed. I just don't see that there.
Sad thing is with how weak the Packers depth is he falls in as the #2 WR while on teams with decent depth at WR he might be a #4. Lazard did nothing last year to take a step in his advancement so I would question are we going to see him improve at all? Beyond that we have a rookie in Rodgers so really can't expect to much in year one from him and the rest of the WR group are guys who are lucky to be back end of the roster guys on any team.

Reactions: TW
Heck outside of Adams that's true for any of our WR's as they can't separate.
And I could make that same statement about 25-30 other teams also. I would argue that the entire group is a sum of its parts because of the system

Sad thing is with how weak the Packers depth is he falls in as the #2 WR while on teams with decent depth at WR he might be a #4. Lazard did nothing last year to take a step in his advancement so I would question are we going to see him improve at all? Beyond that we have a rookie in Rodgers so really can't expect to much in year one from him and the rest of the WR group are guys who are lucky to be back end of the roster guys on any team.
Not saying Lazard is the answer as a #2 WR, but we have to remember that he suffered that core injury against NOLA that required surgery and he missed 6 weeks as a result.
NOLA was a breakout game for him as well. His best game all season.
Did the injury/surgery damage his growth as a player? Have to wait and see.
BTW, the year before, Tonyan had a similar core injury that required surgery and he followed that up with his breakout season last year.
So it’s too early to kick Lazard to the curb, IMO

Not saying Lazard is the answer as a #2 WR, but we have to remember that he suffered that core injury against NOLA that required surgery and he missed 6 weeks as a result.
NOLA was a breakout game for him as well. His best game all season.
Did the injury/surgery damage his growth as a player? Have to wait and see.
BTW, the year before, Tonyan had a similar core injury that required surgery and he followed that up with his breakout season last year.
So it’s too early to kick Lazard to the curb, IMO
No but I just don't know if he's the answer at number 2. Though if Adams leaves after next year then GB will have to do something as if you also let Tonyan walk you will perhaps have the worst WR/TE group in the NFL for a QB you took in the 1st round are trying to develop

Back