2021 Off Season Thread

And I didn’t say he was the answer as a #2 WR.
The NOLA was one where Adams was out with injury, and Lazard stepped up with a big game and injured his core in that game.
Would he have continued to produce at a high level in Adams absence?
No one will ever know that, but that injury and recovery could have been a factor in him not taking a big step forward.
Tonyan did the next season.
Now we wait/see if Lazard can as well.

Lazard is a nice fit in ML's offense though isn't he? Blocks like a m-effer but has shown some chops as a possession receiver and even getting behind the D off play action.
He played better in the playoffs.
Can he carry that momentum forward to 2021, is the question

And I didn’t say he was the answer as a #2 WR.
The NOLA was one where Adams was out with injury, and Lazard stepped up with a big game and injured his core in that game.
Would he have continued to produce at a high level in Adams absence?
No one will ever know that, but that injury and recovery could have been a factor in him not taking a big step forward.
Tonyan did the next season.
Now we wait/see if Lazard can as well.
That's a thing too with Adams out Rodgers actually spread the ball around more and used his other WR's. When Adams was in those guys saw very little as Rodgers went to his security blanket most of the time.

Another reason to give guys like Lazard more time to reveal if they deserve a spot on the 53.

At the end of the day go look at what they are doing in SF as a basis of what ML wants to do.... he now has another guy he could use in a bunch set in the "other" Rodgers, which might help. Lazard is okay not great because in a perfect world he wants a little more speed in his possession receiver. Honestly, it still starts with the run in his scheme.

I believe that one of the things that can help guys in our WR group make the team is if they learn to block with authority. In the Packer offense, they're getting some key blocks beyond the line of scrimmage, and can make the difference between that two-three yard gain and breaking one for distance.

It's not just the TEs who need to block well in the ML system. Sometimes they're the target for outlet passes, and the WRs need to set those blocks to spring them past the line of scrimmage.

I believe that one of the things that can help guys in our WR group make the team is if they learn to block with authority. In the Packer offense, they're getting some key blocks beyond the line of scrimmage, and can make the difference between that two-three yard gain and breaking one for distance.

It's not just the TEs who need to block well in the ML system. Sometimes they're the target for outlet passes, and the WRs need to set those blocks to spring them past the line of scrimmage.
And that’s why I have doubts about Funchess and ESB making the team. Just don’t know if either is a strong blocker in the run game, and ML wants that in his WR group.
Also, if you aren’t in the top 3-4 WR’s you better be a solid Special Teams player as well, otherwise you have little/no value to the team and I also question Funchess and ESB here too.

And it’s also for those reasons that a player like Juwann Winfree might have a chance to sneak into that last spot in the WR group. He can run block and play ST’s.

Trade candidates before/during Training Camp:

Lucas Patrick or Billy Turner
Dean Lowry
Jace Sternberger
Chandon Sullivan

I have no evidence that says this will happen.
Just reading some tea leaves.

Trade candidates before/during Training Camp:

Lucas Patrick or Billy Turner
Dean Lowry
Jace Sternberger
Chandon Sullivan

I have no evidence that says this will happen.
Just reading some tea leaves.
They have little to no value on the open market. Maybe a conditional pick. Turner might but that’s even debatable.

Not going to be too much in the line of trades this year. We're going to see a lot of cuts and guys just out there for the picking.

Back