2020 NFL opt out proposal

See NFL owners offered to go down to 1 game but players holding firm at no games. Players have to be willing to bargin not be willing to say it's our way or no way.
They have bargained and that reco is not consistent with the joint committee reco

Also reading that back end of roster guys who would be in danger of making roster want at least 1 pre-season game because they know without any their chances of making a roster are reduced.

is that $230m per team or $230m split 32 ways?
I was actually a bit low. From 2019 article in Action Network

The NFL shared $8.78 billion in national revenue with its 32 teams this past season.

That number became clear on Friday when the Green Bay Packers, the league’s only public team, reported that its cut of the national revenue was $274.3 million. Each of 32 teams split that amount equally.

if that's the case, i think the $230m is irrelevant. that money is recouping expenses from the 2019 season. and there won't be any $230m for the 2020 season if they don't play the games.

if that's the case, i think the $230m is irrelevant. that money is recouping expenses from the 2019 season. and there won't be any $230m for the 2020 season if they don't play the games.
Depends on how the contract language on TV deals are written. They still have sponsor money and sell merchandise. Biggest issue with no or limited fans in stands is local sponsor money

Back