With Their first pick GB selects Jordan Love QB Utah State

Just for some perspective, here’s a reminder about what was thought of Green Bay drafting Rodgers.
Not saying it happens again.
Just some perspective.

The Rodgers deal isn't the same Dan, he was a consensus #1 pick by many who fell. He was trained by QB Guru at Cal. Love didn't get anykind of decet reviews until late..he played Mountain West talent and looked like shit. To even compare the situation in any way shape or form is rather insulting.

I gave it an F.

Here's the positive's from NFL.com's scouting report:

Tall in the pocket and smooth, natural thrower. Keeps ball tucked and secure while scanning the field. Tight spirals come from a variety of arm slots. Confident passer attacking between the hashes. Makes athletic pocket exits when scrambling. Good open-field vision and speed to move the sticks. Arm strength to dime it into windows. Drops deeps balls in with plenty of air and touch. In 2018, trusted big receivers to make plays on 50/50s. Arm talent and swagger to attack field side Cover 2 hole. Has access to expedited, compact release when pressured.
I won't post all the negatives, but looping windup, too much staring & telegraphing, and unusually spotty ball placement were the lowlights.
Overall grade was 6.36

A couple years ago we picked up DeShone Kizer in a trade. He was only a year out of school, young, and has an excellent arm.
Here's the positive's from his NFL.com's scouting report:

Big quarterback with a big arm. Can make all of the throws. Has step and crank power to drive throws into the seams. Has the arm talent and willingness to challenge safeties on both intermediate and deep throws. Looks the part with thick frame to withstand NFL punishment. Over the top delivery creates tight spirals. Has powerful grip allowing for aggressive pump fakes to move defense around. When he's comfortable, will tie feet with his eyes as he scans the field. Adequate drive accuracy. If he feels a completion is imminent, he'll stand in and take a punishing shot. Strong, authoritative runner with the speed to hit a big play with his feet. Two-way threat in the red zone. Posted 18 rushing touchdowns over last two seasons.

His negatives were very similar to Jordan Love's.
Overall grade was 6.3

Tell me why Jordan Love will turn out any different?

My point was missed in the rush to judgement on my post.
I did not compare the two situations as the same, other than it was believed Rodgers would fail (for a variety of reasons) before he was given a chance to show what he could do. And those doubts persisted for more than 2 years AFTER he was drafted.
Rodgers finally had his “coming out party” in 2007 against Dallas where Favre left the game injured and Rodgers came in and went 18-26/201yds/1TD in an exciting game, but still a losing cause.
It showed the Packers he was finally ready to take the reins.
All I’m saying here is, shouldn’t Love be afforded the opportunity to prove himself to the team and to us, just as Rodgers was.
It’s not going to happen for 2-3 years, so why bury him now?

All I’m saying here is, shouldn’t Love be afforded the opportunity to prove himself to the team and to us, just as Rodgers was.
It’s not going to happen for 2-3 years, so why bury him now?
Because in 2-3 years their may not be a chance for him to "prove" himself. You don't move up in the first and take a QB and let him "Prove himself" he is either a franchise player or not. If not it's a grave error that can have dire circumstances see GB Packers draft Rich Campbell 1981. I'll not bury him but this kid isn't getting 1st round praise, Rodgers was.

Because in 2-3 years their may not be a chance for him to "prove" himself. You don't move up in the first and take a QB and let him "Prove himself" he is either a franchise player or not. If not it's a grave error that can have dire circumstances see GB Packers draft Rich Campbell 1981. I'll not bury him but this kid isn't getting 1st round praise, Rodgers was.
Winner)

Not true.
Several analysts have written approval of Jones as the first round pick, but panned the rest of the draft as without direction, focus, and was full of reaches, in addition to not taking a WR in this draft.

mceclip3.jpg

The Rodgers deal isn't the same Dan, he was a consensus #1 pick by many who fell. He was trained by QB Guru at Cal. Love didn't get anykind of decet reviews until late..he played Mountain West talent and looked like shit. To even compare the situation in any way shape or form is rather insulting.
Aaron didn't lose the team around him and the coaching staff either. But Aaron did have to change his footwork and especially mechanics. Held the ball up by his ear, Tedford style.

Aaron looked terrible until Mike came in. Sherman and Rosseley were going nowhere with him. Perhaps because he was a Ted guy.

I have a lot of confidence in Matt to develop Love. We're already gonna be "run-first." Matt is going to put him in a high percentage situation.

Back