With Their final pick in the 2021 draft GB selects Miss State RB Kylin Hill

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep 4 x RB as well. Still, I think it's 50-50. It'll depend on what they have at other spots. I could see the offense looking like:

WR x 5-6
TE x 4
OL x 10
QB x 2
RB x 3-4

There are so many borderline guys at WR that I don't think there is a reason to keep more than 5 - Adams, MVS, Lazard, Rodgers are pretty much a done deal. Funchess and ESB probably battle it out for #5/#6 if they go with that high many. After that they likely keep a young guy or two on the P.S.

WR or RB could be influenced by what they do at OL. I'm thinking Jenkins, Patrick, Turner, Runyan, Myers, Newman and Stepaniak? are locks. Nijman would be the next in line if they think he can fill in capably at OT. After that you have a collection of guys whose chance to make the 53 will depend on camp and pre-season. Who knows who sticks, if anyone, from the group of Braden, Van Lanen, Hansen, etc. Assuming for now that BakhT starts the year on PUP.

I can't see them keeping more than two QBs because there is nobody with talent on the roster right now beyond Rodgers and Love. This year, whoever is #3 will likely be an UDFA that nobody will claim, so #3 is likely on the PS this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep 4 x RB as well. Still, I think it's 50-50. It'll depend on what they have at other spots. I could see the offense looking like:

WR x 5-6
TE x 4
OL x 10
QB x 2
RB x 3-4

There are so many borderline guys at WR that I don't think there is a reason to keep more than 5 - Adams, MVS, Lazard, Rodgers are pretty much a done deal. Funchess and ESB probably battle it out for #5/#6 if they go with that high many. After that they likely keep a young guy or two on the P.S.

WR or RB could be influenced by what they do at OL. I'm thinking Jenkins, Patrick, Turner, Runyan, Myers, Newman and Stepaniak? are locks. Nijman would be the next in line if they think he can fill in capably at OT. After that you have a collection of guys whose chance to make the 53 will depend on camp and pre-season. Who knows who sticks, if anyone, from the group of Braden, Van Lanen, Hansen, etc. Assuming for now that BakhT starts the year on PUP.

I can't see them keeping more than two QBs because there is nobody with talent on the roster right now beyond Rodgers and Love. This year, whoever is #3 will likely be an UDFA that nobody will claim, so #3 is likely on the PS this year.
I read an SI piece on UDFA Coy Cronk that (if he’s fully healthy) he could have a very realistic chance of making the OL roster.
Article said he might be “the steal of undrafted free agency”.

WR x 5-6
TE x 4
OL x 10
QB x 2
RB x 3-4

If Rodgers is gone I could see this team carry 3 QB's I am thinking WR could be 6-7

If Rodgers is gone I could see this team carry 3 QB's I am thinking WR could be 6-7

They have carried 2 when Rodgers was here and they have carried 3 as well. It comes down to whether there are 3 guys worthy of being on the 53 man roster.

Last year they carried 3 because they knew Doyle would get claimed. Which of our current QBs other than Rodgers and Love would be claimed by anyone? As of this moment, the #3 is Norman Gratz or possibly one of the guys they are bringing to rookie camp for a tryout. No reason to put any of them on the roster. Now . . . things could change in the coming weeks if they sign a veteran, or two.

They have carried 2 when Rodgers was here and they have carried 3 as well. It comes down to whether there are 3 guys worthy of being on the 53 man roster.

Last year they carried 3 because they knew Doyle would get claimed. Which of our current QBs other than Rodgers and Love would be claimed by anyone? As of this moment, the #3 is Norman Gratz or possibly one of the guys they are bringing to rookie camp for a tryout. No reason to put any of them on the roster. Now . . . things could change in the coming weeks if they sign a veteran, or two.
No last year they carried 3 because Love was not ready at all to play and needed Boyle to be a legit backup as Love was not even ready to do that. With Rodgers you could go 2 QBs because Rodgers was pretty durable. Love is a big question mark. I would not be shocked if they go 2 vets as 2/3 on the year if Rodgers is gone.

At least a thread about the last draft choice has generated the most activity, aside from the obvious, since the middle of last month.

At least a thread about the last draft choice has generated the most activity, aside from the obvious, since the middle of last month.
Well after Rookie OTA maybe we can talk more. :)

Hope so. Actual full training camp no longer means much with the delicate way they're handled, so I doubt we'll get much out of this.

Kylin Hill may end up being a bargain find in the 7th round IF the Packers get the guy who was a top rusher in the SEC in 2019. But you have to wonder how much rust accumulated by taking a year off due to COVID. If he had played and was able to reasonably duplicate his 2019 year, he may well have been a Day 2 pick in the draft.

Another guy who’s name gets lost in the conversation is Patrick Taylor. (I know. I keep bringing him up.) He lost his 2019 season due to injury and it followed him into 2020. If he hadn’t been injured he possibly could have been an early Day 3 pick. Even Wes Hodkiewicz mentioned him (unsolicited) in his Sunday “Inbox” at Packers.com.

If Taylor and Hill can shine as #3 and #4 RB’s, GB will possess a deep and talented group as they head into the 2021 season.
Here’s more today from Wes Hodkiewicz about Patrick Taylor.

From Wes Hodkiewicz:
"I also want to throw a plug out there for Patrick Taylor, the former undrafted running back out of Memphis. He missed his entire rookie season due to a foot injury but he's a big, explosive athlete. Remember that name when his No. 3 running back competition heats up this summer."

I think Hill is a nice prospect. He will be looking at the PS for this year. Then GB can see if he can translate to the NFL. I like him but he was a 7th rounder for a reason.

Back