Wisconsin Football: Instant reactions to Wisconsin’s loss to Penn State

But they are not going 7-5 or 8-4 under PC. 4 or the last 5 seasons are 10 wins. Last year is a mulligan for obvious reasons. Personally the team overachieved based on the talent on the field

Harsh reality is the program cannot compete with OSU. Not sure any program in the conference can. So the question is what is the ceiling? Maybe a perfect storm season gets you in an expanded playoff, I can say the same about 3-4 other programs in the conference. I know many UW fans can’t accept that but it’s reality.

Everyone is looking up OSU. Everyone. And the gap is huge. This isn't meant to be a prick but Wisconsin, being in the West division, will be able to compete for a B1G championship damn near every year. That is not to take away from anything they have done. They have done a remarkable job and applaud their success but think of the teams in the East? They face, what seems like, insurmountable odds of overcoming OSU just to get into the B1G Championship game.

Last edited:
Everyone is looking up OSU. Everyone. And the gap is huge. This isn't meant to be a prick but Wisconsin, being in the West division, will be able to compete for a B1G championship damn near every year. That is not to take away form anything they have done. They have done a remarkable job and applaud their success but think of the teams in the East? They face, what seems like, insurmountable odds of overcoming OSU just to get into the B1G Championship game.
This is really a good take and spot on.

Likely has not earned reps but if they don't redshirt and just use him on ST makes no sense
It’s playing time and if he plays well he earns reps. I have no issues with it

Everyone is looking up OSU. Everyone. And the gap is huge. This isn't meant to be a prick but Wisconsin, being in the West division, will be able to compete for a B1G championship damn near every year. That is not to take away form anything they have done. They have done a remarkable job and applaud their success but think of the teams in the East? They face, what seems like, insurmountable odds of overcoming OSU just to get into the B1G Championship game.
If UW is in the East They are likely a 9 team win at best every year IMO.

It’s playing time and if he plays well he earns reps. I have no issues with it
Yeah but if he does not get more reps redshirt him let him have extra year to get better and play in future.

Yeah but if he does not get more reps redshirt him let him have extra year to get better and play in future.
At this level it’s not handed to you. You don’t let talent sit with the exception of QB and maybe RB. If he can help you win he plays

If UW is in the East They are likely a 9 team win at best every year IMO.
So basically the same as the last 5 years san 1-2 wins. And based on cross over games that’s about what they are

Back