Wisconsin Football: Instant reactions to Wisconsin’s loss to Penn State

Looks like UW will play Braelon Allen and not redshirt him this year because he did play but only on kickoff teams. I question if it's smart to waste a year for him if that's all he's going to do.

No need to read between the lines. I think we are pretty much on the same page.

Except, I admit to being a huge Homer who bit on the hype more.

Better than average but not great talent.
This might tick people off and some / many might disagree but Stave, Stocco and Tolzein win that game yesterday. You don’t have a guy, 3 years in the program put the ball on the turf in the red zone 2x. Remember with 2:38 left, down 6, we had the ball at the 1. Next play Mertz fumble and now 2nd 6.

Then we get into “trust”. 2nd down run Guerendo? That’s a play you trust your QB to make a play, not a play in between tackles and then not Mellusi? Who runs with more power and balance between tackles? I digress. That sequence led to an INT

Looks like UW will play Braelon Allen and not redshirt him this year because he did play but only on kickoff teams. I question if it's smart to waste a year for him if that's all he's going to do.
It’s one game. That’s the last thing I am going to overreact on. The fact that he’s not on the 2 deep at LB or S is a bit more concerning based on the hype

Sam Darnold said he was seeign ghosts last year on the field. I think same thing with Mertz. He's ratted thinking pass rush is coming quicker then it is rushing his throw making bad throws. The OL is getting pushed backwards way to much. Mellusi is a ok backup but not a feature back. Badgers WR's are likely a lock in the bottom 5 of all Power 5's. Coaching staff can't adjust in game. There are lots of issues with this team. Right now I don't know if the team had the talent or the coaching to be able to turn this around.

It’s one game. That’s the last thing I am going to overreact on. The fact that he’s not on the 2 deep at LB or S is a bit more concerning based on the hype
I wonder if the coaching staff have decided not to play him on defense and make him a fulltime RB.

No need to read between the lines. I think we are pretty much on the same page.

Except, I admit to being a huge Homer who bit on the hype more.

Better than average but not great talent.
On defense I agree they are better then average but on offense at best they are average and that might not even be true.

On defense I agree they are better then average but on offense at best they are average and that might not even be true.
They are average on offense. All the way around. You are what you are

Back