Wisconsin Football: How does the future at the WR position look?

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Wisconsin football team lost another offensive player this week when receiver Devin Chandler entered his name into the transfer portal. He’s the fourth player to enter the portal this year, following running backs Loyal Crawford, Antione Roberts, and Jalen Berger. Chandler’s decision was a little more out of the blue than the three running […]

Wisconsin Football: How does the future at the WR position look? - Badger of Honor - Badger of Honor - A Wisconsin Badgers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Continue reading...

Play me or let me go somewhere else! That's the new mantra for kids going to college on football scholarships. If they are asked to ride the pines for a year, they might just take their game elsewhere. It's getting to the point that coaches have to feel like these kids are holding a gun to their heads.

For a team like Wisconsin, where receiving opportunities are limited from the start, this really hurts the passing game even more.

Play me or let me go somewhere else! That's the new mantra for kids going to college on football scholarships. If they are asked to ride the pines for a year, they might just take their game elsewhere. It's getting to the point that coaches have to feel like these kids are holding a gun to their heads.

For a team like Wisconsin, where receiving opportunities are limited from the start, this really hurts the passing game even more.
With transfer portal kids can leave whenever they feel like it.

This is a quote from Chandler…seriously what WR make plays, get separation. Well dude if you can’t beat out Pryor or Davis look in the mirror
“We have plenty of receivers in our room who just straight-up make plays and very rarely throughout the game will they be given opportunities for that,” Chandler said. “So I just don’t want to be put in that same position.”

That pretty much covers the Wisconsin passing game. I don't think it's a question of beating out Pryor or Davis. I think it's more to do with the routes they run. Poorly designed.

That pretty much covers the Wisconsin passing game. I don't think it's a question of beating out Pryor or Davis. I think it's more to do with the routes they run. Poorly designed.
They cannot get separation on simple out routes and slants. That’s just plain and simple a lack of talent. The only guy who runs semi crips routes is Dike. Hell Pryor or Davis cannot win on simple go routes

I think you guys are kind of out there with assumptions,First, it's about him getting opportunities as in "reps at WR", not about the routes, etc. That's the typical UW fan mantra I've heard for since Barry took over...that is until they win 8 straight then it's all fine and dandy. ( It's about as big a hooey as the QB whining)

Everybody in the country knows what the Badgers run, it's not a concealed secret they spring on the Freshman.

The fact is the WR are just meh, the OL recruiting the past 3-4 years has been suspect and the OL coaching is anything but ok. So you can't pass block...your WR really can't separate. But yet everyone wants the Badgers QB to look like Rodgers wacky(

If the lot of you don't think some of those transfers haven't figured it all out and that's why they're jumping.... I can't really help you.

Lastly the " lazy spoiled" blah blah stuff every time someone hits the portal is old now, it's here to stay. Like it or leave it, just don't whine about it.

Reactions: ski
If you come to UW as a WR you know you won't get a ton of looks your way. Heck the guys they recurit are guys that most power 5 teams won't offer.

If you come to UW as a WR you know you won't get a ton of looks your way. Heck the guys they recurit are guys that most power 5 teams won't offer.
That’s not entirely accurate. Mertz is at 24 attempts per game, I believe Coan was about that or more. And yes they have been on 4 star kids. Yes. Resources

That’s not entirely accurate. Mertz is at 24 attempts per game, I believe Coan was about that or more. And yes they have been on 4 star kids. Yes. Resources
Still most good WR's won't look to come here they will look were they can show better for draft status WI is not that.

Back