Wisconsin Football: How does the future at the WR position look?

I think you guys are kind of out there with assumptions,First, it's about him getting opportunities as in "reps at WR", not about the routes, etc. That's the typical UW fan mantra I've heard for since Barry took over...that is until they win 8 straight then it's all fine and dandy. ( It's about as big a hooey as the QB whining)

Everybody in the country knows what the Badgers run, it's not a concealed secret they spring on the Freshman.

The fact is the WR are just meh, the OL recruiting the past 3-4 years has been suspect and the OL coaching is anything but ok. So you can't pass block...your WR really can't separate. But yet everyone wants the Badgers QB to look like Rodgers wacky(

If the lot of you don't think some of those transfers haven't figured it all out and that's why they're jumping.... I can't really help you.

Lastly the " lazy spoiled" blah blah stuff every time someone hits the portal is old now, it's here to stay. Like it or leave it, just don't whine about it.
Until the administration wants to invest in resources and facilities this program is what it is. Blaming the alumni is fine but the majority that know and communicate with understand the limitations.

Still most good WR's won't look to come here they will look were they can show better for draft status WI is not that.
Depends what you think is “good”. Kids go to MSU, Purdue with no issues and it’s not about draft status. Is a Chase coming to UW? No. But they are not going to Iowa either or Northwestern or Nebraska or anyone not named OSU either

Until the administration wants to invest in resources and facilities this program is what it is. Blaming the alumni is fine but the majority that know and communicate with understand the limitations.
I am not blaming anyone other than those in the fan base with false expectations and those that schematically can't understand what we are.

I am not blaming anyone other than those in the fan base with false expectations and those that schematically can't understand what we are.
Agree 100% there. Most alumni are realistic. Sure there is a lunatic fringe that can’t grasp things but that’s the exception.

If you come to UW as a WR you know you won't get a ton of looks your way. Heck the guys they recurit are guys that most power 5 teams won't offer.
Currently they have 5 offers out to 5 4 star 2022 WR & 3 in in 2023. They had other offers out but kids chose OSU, Oklahoma, Michigan and other elite programs. It’s a matter of resources

Currently they have 5 offers out to 5 4 star 2022 WR & 3 in in 2023. They had other offers out but kids chose OSU, Oklahoma, Michigan and other elite programs. It’s a matter of resources
UW though most of the kids they get will be the 2-3 star kids. You won't be a star coming out of UW what is the big last big name out of UW Lee Evans 15-20 years ago?

UW though most of the kids they get will be the 2-3 star kids. You won't be a star coming out of UW what is the big last big name out of UW Lee Evans 15-20 years ago?
Evans was a 4 star kid? Not sure he was.

I see several guys who've gone from UW to the NFL as WRs. I remember people saying how Cephus couldn't get separation, and would never move on. Guess what? You should design routes with "options" as to where you move to create separation. The Badgers don't seem to do that. If the route calls for a slant, the guy runs that specific route, and the defense is waiting for them, knowing exactly where it's going.

People can think what they want, but that's been the case for quite some time. To the Badgers, a crisp route is specific, with very little, if any, creativity based on defensive positioning.

I see several guys who've gone from UW to the NFL as WRs. I remember people saying how Cephus couldn't get separation, and would never move on. Guess what? You should design routes with "options" as to where you move to create separation. The Badgers don't seem to do that. If the route calls for a slant, the guy runs that specific route, and the defense is waiting for them, knowing exactly where it's going.

People can think what they want, but that's been the case for quite some time. To the Badgers, a crisp route is specific, with very little, if any, creativity based on defensive positioning.
Respectfully disagree. Toon and Abby had success in the same system as did Q and Cephus is an example. If you can’t run a simple out route I don’t care what the scheme is.

Just a reference. It’s not a pretty picture

B282A4E6-7608-4ED6-B66C-BE28C632299A.jpeg

Back