Wisconsin Football: Can Paul Chryst get the Badgers over the hump?

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Wisconsin football team has once again laid an egg against a ranked opponent, losing to 12th ranked Notre Dame on national television 41-13. Paul Chryst and company actually led this game early in the fourth quarter before the wheels fell all the way off and ended up embarrassing themselves. This marks the Badgers’ 7th […]

Wisconsin Football: Can Paul Chryst get the Badgers over the hump? - Badger of Honor - Badger of Honor - A Wisconsin Badgers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Continue reading...

Lots of things we've talked about in this article. We're not the only ones seeing what's wrong.

I wonder where they go from here.

Lots of things we've talked about in this article. We're not the only ones seeing what's wrong.

I wonder where they go from here.
The entire college landscape is lopsided. SEC is Georgia and Bama, ACC is a hot mess now bit Clemson has dominated, PAC 12 is Oregon and everyone else, The B1G is OSU and everyone else. UW is handcuffed by budget, recruiting footprints and academics. Just being realistic

The entire college landscape is lopsided. SEC is Georgia and Bama, ACC is a hot mess now bit Clemson has dominated, PAC 12 is Oregon and everyone else, The B1G is OSU and everyone else. UW is handcuffed by budget, recruiting footprints and academics. Just being realistic
Agree. Badgers will always be likely getting the 2nd level talent that the top schools pass on for the most part. Most years UW will be playing for a new years day bowl. Will it be like this year and playing in a lower tier bowl yes those years happen. But it will be possible were you have a good year go 11-1 and play a down year OSU and get to the playoffs yes. But for most part UW is a 2nd tier school team and I think most fans accept that.

Agree. Badgers will always be likely getting the 2nd level talent that the top schools pass on for the most part. Most years UW will be playing for a new years day bowl. Will it be like this year and playing in a lower tier bowl yes those years happen. But it will be possible were you have a good year go 11-1 and play a down year OSU and get to the playoffs yes. But for most part UW is a 2nd tier school team and I think most fans accept that.
An expanded playoffs might change that but I’m not convinced how much. Personally every year a NY6 Bowl not just a NY Day Bowl should be a realistic expectation.

I’m not even sure if you consider it 2nd tier. First tier is Bama, Georgia, Clemson (well not this year), Oklahoma. Maybe Florida. Past that it’s a wild card, so many factors play in.

An expanded playoffs might change that but I’m not convinced how much. Personally every year a NY6 Bowl not just a NY Day Bowl should be a realistic expectation.

I’m not even sure if you consider it 2nd tier. First tier is Bama, Georgia, Clemson (well not this year), Oklahoma. Maybe Florida. Past that it’s a wild card, so many factors play in.
Yeah I meant NY6 bowl game should be UW's goal every year as playoffs unless expanded won't happen.

Yeah I meant NY6 bowl game should be UW's goal every year as playoffs unless expanded won't happen.
What might change things a bit is when Oklahoma and Texas go to the SEC. I cant see a Big 12 school strength of schedule being that compelling even with the additions, and there are already rumblings about West Virginia to the ACC at some point. A 1 or 2 loss B1G might get consideration depending on schedule

What might change things a bit is when Oklahoma and Texas go to the SEC. I cant see a Big 12 school strength of schedule being that compelling even with the additions, and there are already rumblings about West Virginia to the ACC at some point. A 1 or 2 loss B1G might get consideration depending on schedule
Question is you go to say 8 teams does the SEC be good enough to snag 4 of those slots?

Back