Why Wisconsin Badgers fans should know Beth Goetz, and why Rebecca Blank might consider her a strong candidate to take over as UW athletic director

I think Pollard would be good fit AD already has history with the school.

They're feelings about the choice will have some sway on the decision, regardless of what any of us want to believe. The life blood of a successful athletic program goes through the fund raising process to help support the system.

I'd guess she'll weigh it enough to make a well calculated decision. As far as McIntosh, if he's not chosen, he'll obviously end up getting an AD job somewhere else, and will move on not long after the decision.

I'm not certain if Alvarez was really pushing him for the job that much. But, if he was, and Blank eliminated him automatically, she obviously wants to change the culture within the program, whether it's good or bad.

In a way, that scares me. It could dramatically effect the entire program.
The McIntosh thing was a concern about fundraising. He did a speech at the Rotary Club i believe and the reviews were less than flattering. Honestly not sure how much pull the doners have in Madison. It’s been Barry’s Show for years now and he had clout. I really want someone like Pollard or Frazier who is “The Guy” running the show.

Back